false advertising?

maxmia

Has anyone else had a Princess rep. tell them that the sale price on the web is for online bookings only?    I have booked at lease 4 of the last cruises by phone, and never had a problem before.    Yesterday I was quoted an increased fare of $700   to book on phone, or if I wanted the sale price with the 3x3 offer book on the website.     It's something new to me!    

6 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

Never heard of that here in the States, but seeing as you are in Australia....all bets are off and rules are different, very different. Good luck.

So are you saying that Princess Discriminates Against Australians.

Cruise lines have a very difficult time operating across international borders where consumer protection laws can be very different depending on location. Also, when it comes to cruise ship cabins, the law of supply and demand still holds, but it can be significantly different in widely separated geographic regions.

I couldn't afford to cruise if I had to pay the typical prices that either Brits or Aussies pay.

BTW... I absolutely LOVE your Cruise Critic pic/avatar... I was on AOR 7 and CVN 68.

Edited by teecee60

30 minutes ago, teecee60 said:

Cruise lines have a very difficult time operating across international borders where consumer protection laws can be very different depending on location. Also, when it comes to cruise ship cabins, the law of supply and demand still holds, but it can be significantly different in widely separated geographic regions.

I couldn't afford to cruise if I had to pay the typical prices that either Brits or Aussies pay.

BTW... I absolutely LOVE your Cruise Critic pic/avatar... I was on AOR 7 and CVN 68.

You do know cruises are generally cheaper in the UK at the moment

On 2/14/2019 at 8:29 AM, maxmia said:

Has anyone else had a Princess rep. tell them that the sale price on the web is for online bookings only?    I have booked at lease 4 of the last cruises by phone, and never had a problem before.    Yesterday I was quoted an increased fare of $700   to book on phone, or if I wanted the sale price with the 3x3 offer book on the website.     It's something new to me!    

As far as I know, the prices I've paid (and at least some others who have booked into my group cruise) at a TA have been the same as what was shown on the Princess website at the time they booked.

I would be questioning why the increased price, I'd also call a different Princess rep and a TA at random and question pricing to see what they say.