Flexi Dining. How's that working out for ya?

SeaTheW0rld

Like the title says...  I ran a search and didn't find anything remotely current. 

Today my TA mentioned I had been assigned Flexi Dining for my Divina Transatlantic in a few weeks.  At first I thought "anytime".  Wrong, again.  

From what I understand after reading the older posts, you pick a time within early/late, subject to availability.  You can change it every day. In theory.  Some older reviews also said it was such a disaster it was discontinued on certain ships.

What's been your experiences?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

Flexi-dining was only introduced on Meraviglia, STW.  It was quickly scrapped as it was unworkable.  

What category cabin have you booked?  Perhaps your TA meant 'MyChoice'  (which is only available in Aurea)?

I'm in steerage, oops, Bella.  She definitly said Flexi, early.

I've grown used to versions of "my choice" on other lines. 

Edited by SeaTheW0rld
more

I was just off the Divina and Beamafar is correct: My choice is only available two levels up in the Aurea experience. I'm guessing that what was mean is that you are been "temporarily" assigned to early dining but could be changed if other passengers in the levels about Bella request early seating. I believe the only level that "guarantees" dining time choice is Fantastica and above.  So, at the Bella level, expect that you could be bumped at the last minute.

24 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

I was just off the Divina and Beamafar is correct: My choice is only available two levels up in the Aurea experience. I'm guessing that what was mean is that you are been "temporarily" assigned to early dining but could be changed if other passengers in the levels about Bella request early seating. I believe the only level that "guarantees" dining time choice is Fantastica and above.  So, at the Bella level, expect that you could be bumped at the last minute.

16 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Also, even when Flexi-dining was offered, it was only for Fantastica level bookings, so I've no idea why your TA mentioned it.

Thanks!  I have no idea why she mentioned it either.  I didn't even ask about it. She was just rattling off details about my booking. 

I prefer early, so that's not a problem.  I'm also solo, so it's easier to squeeze me in somewhere. Definitely won't be doing late. I'm in bed by 930. 

From the little bit of info I could find, you pick a time within "early" or "late", and they try to accommodate it. If all else fails, I'll do the buffet.  

27 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Sounds like you're more on the money than your TA is!

I'm sure you'll be accommodated - they really do their best (as long as your request isn't unreasonable). 

I booked through a big-box-online company. I didn't even realize I would have an agent. I'm pretty self-sufficient and know more about cruising than most agents. In all fairness to the agent(s), I'm sure they don't get much training. 

We have a chatty group on the roll call.  I may suggest linking our bookings so we can sit together. 

Edited by SeaTheW0rld

• 6 months later...
On 2/13/2019 at 5:52 PM, SeaTheW0rld said:

Like the title says...  I ran a search and didn't find anything remotely current. 

Today my TA mentioned I had been assigned Flexi Dining for my Divina Transatlantic in a few weeks.  At first I thought "anytime".  Wrong, again.  

From what I understand after reading the older posts, you pick a time within early/late, subject to availability.  You can change it every day. In theory.  Some older reviews also said it was such a disaster it was discontinued on certain ships.

What's been your experiences?  Thanks!

Completely off topic but I can't find an answer for this question. We will be on the Divina for an East to West transatlantic in November. Do they manage to keep the offerings in the dining room unique every night or do the tend to recycle some of the menus?

• Like 1