Repositioning cruise, activities

cruiser man 60

We are looking at the Dubai to Yokohama repositioning cruise next year, with quite a few sea days we are wondering what sort of activities are there on these longer cruises? Do they have ballroom dance classes, talks, extra exercise classes etc.

any information from someone who has been on one would be appreciated.

45 minutes ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

"Plans" and "sea days" should almost never be used in the same sentence. 

Scott,

i see you are sharing your humor elsewhere. SeeTheW0rld and I are sailing on the Davina next month and I guess we are all searching for the same info. If you don’t get any responses, I’ll try to remember to come back and let you know what we’ve done on sea days. Our Cruise Critic Group is planning some of our own fun like cabin crawl, CC luncheon, game days, and private excursions. Log into your Roll Call and try to make your own fun among those sailing with you. And don’t be discouraged if response is slow. Our board just became very active in the last week or so now that we are only 4 weeks from sailing. 

Joan

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, mom4mom said:

Scott,

i see you are sharing your humor elsewhere. SeeTheW0rld and I are sailing on the Davina next month and I guess we are all searching for the same info. If you don’t get any responses, I’ll try to remember to come back and let you know what we’ve done on sea days. Our Cruise Critic Group is planning some of our own fun like cabin crawl, CC luncheon, game days, and private excursions. Log into your Roll Call and try to make your own fun among those sailing with you. And don’t be discouraged if response is slow. Our board just became very active in the last week or so now that we are only 4 weeks from sailing. 

Joan

I wasn't joking. Speaking only for myself, sea days are all about dolce far niente (the sweetness of doing nothing).  There's also a tavola non s’invecchia mai (one never ages at the dinner table).

We do have a convivial roll call.  Plans are being made. I think the only thing I've committed to is the cabin crawl (and naps).

@cruiser man 60 That sounds like an outstanding itinerary.  I've done a few repositioning ones, but not on MSC.  I typically do a review and sometimes 'live' from threads.  

We'll get the info for you.

Edited by SeaTheW0rld
more

I've sailed a couple of repositioning sailings, but sadly not on MSC to date ...though I will tick that off next month too!

For me I love sea days, but for my own selfish reasons.

I like the relaxed vibe, despite the ship always being full!

I treat it as five, six, seven, whatever days at an all inclusive resort.

I eat well, sleep, read, watch sport, partake in anything laid on that tickles my fancy, stay up late knowing I can lay in as there's no port tomorrow, take a nap in the sun (hopefully!) and most of all spend time with the family drinking all day!

Boy that $40, 50, 60 takes a beating over each 24hr period!

Can be very tiring though lol

• Like 1

We recently sailed on a repo and on sea days there were extra activities,  dance classes, cultural talks etc. Hopefully you can see them on the attached. 

We're didn't do any of them but I'm sure they were great, unfortunately I had an appointment relaxing with a sun lounger and pool! 

20190215_100014.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

We recently sailed on a repo and on sea days there were extra activities,  dance classes, cultural talks etc. Hopefully you can see them on the attached. 

We're didn't do any of them but I'm sure they were great, unfortunately I had an appointment relaxing with a sun lounger and pool! 

Thanks! 

They left off a bunch of my favorite things:

• Naps
  • 2nd breakfast in the MDR
  • Naps
  • Checking out the lunch menu
  • Naps
  • Checking out the dinner menu

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Repositioning cruises are for the expressed purpose of relaxation.  People who are looking for non-stop activities should look elsewhere.  People, who love the sea and love that singular feeling of having your feet planted on the deck of a moving ship, will surely enjoy a repo cruise.  My favorite activities on a repo are meeting people, enjoying the dining, the service, the music and the entertainment...not to mention the cocktails.  Sea days are the best days.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Repositioning cruises are for the expressed purpose of relaxation.  People who are looking for non-stop activities should look elsewhere.  People, who love the sea and love that singular feeling of having your feet planted on the deck of a moving ship, will surely enjoy a repo cruise.  My favorite activities on a repo are meeting people, enjoying the dining, the service, the music and the entertainment...not to mention the cocktails.  Sea days are the best days.

Absolutely right 👏

• Like 1

Wow lots of activities to choose from.  Mostly I like to connect with other CC people I've enjoyed getting to know on these boards.  We'll plan some game days, cabin crawl and special luncheons for these sea days and most likely develop some life long friends.

Just now, mom4mom said:

Wow lots of activities to choose from.  Mostly I like to connect with other CC people I've enjoyed getting to know on these boards.  We'll plan some game days, cabin crawl and special luncheons for these sea days and most likely develop some life long friends.

See, @mom4mom, I'm not the only one that wants to do very little on sea days.  :classic_wink:

Just now, cruiser man 60 said:

It's all about choice and we like to do some exercise and activities most days but not all day so plenty of time for lounging, spa etc.

my wife is very keen on ballroom dancing so if there are classes etc she ill be interested.

Exactly.  I'm still at the gym at 6am on sea days. The rest is my time, though. 

15 minutes ago, cruiser man 60 said:

It's all about choice and we like to do some exercise and activities most days but not all day so plenty of time for lounging, spa etc.

my wife is very keen on ballroom dancing so if there are classes etc she ill be interested.

Indeed. On our last repo we had fabulous weather and we didn't really need any activities, just the pool and a lounger.

I was surprised at the amount of activities offered when I looked at those daily planners if I'm honest.

However, we are doing the Asia repo in the opposite direction to the OP, the weather will be less favorable initially so we'll probably look to join in more of the activities.

On 2/14/2019 at 1:29 PM, cruiser man 60 said:

We are looking at the Dubai to Yokohama repositioning cruise next year, with quite a few sea days we are wondering what sort of activities are there on these longer cruises? Do they have ballroom dance classes, talks, extra exercise classes etc.

any information from someone who has been on one would be appreciated.

This cruise interests us, but I cannot find it on a large agency site.  Can you give me the dates and ship name?  Edit: Never mind, found it.

Edited by grinningimm