Cambodia/Vietnam Visa HELP

xdelitezx

I will be on the NCL Jewel sailing through Asia 3/4/2019.  Trying to arrange Visas for Cambodia (Sihanoukville) & Vietnam (Hochimin/Hanoi), but the NCL doesn't give much info besides only paying for their marked up services.  Unfortunately, I applied for Cambodia E-visa, but found on a different message board you cannot use it at port - only airport, now have to try to get a refund. 

Is my only option paying $89 fee for the cruise to arrange visa or paying $150+ for their "visa kit"?

Is there any other option?? 

Thanks!

29 minutes ago, xdelitezx said:

I will be on the NCL Jewel sailing through Asia 3/4/2019.  Trying to arrange Visas for Cambodia (Sihanoukville) & Vietnam (Hochimin/Hanoi), but the NCL doesn't give much info besides only paying for their marked up services.  Unfortunately, I applied for Cambodia E-visa, but found on a different message board you cannot use it at port - only airport, now have to try to get a refund. 

Is my only option paying $89 fee for the cruise to arrange visa or paying $150+ for their "visa kit"?

Thanks!

Only other option is to apply for the Visas at each embassy.  In person would be best this close to sail date.  But Vietnam does offer a loose leaf visa that doesn't require mailing your passport to them.  Several posters on our roll call and the cruise following this one priced out the cost of processing and expedited mail delivery and found it cost more than NCL's $89 for Cambodia and $69 for Vietnam.  I'd stay away from the visa processing services.

Edited by herdingdogmom

4 hours ago, casofilia said:

@xdelitezx

Is my only option paying $89 fee for the cruise to arrange visa .....

A question.  If NCL will do that will they do it for you if you are NOT taking an NCL shorex?

Answer is yes for Cambodia and Vietnam and like Cuba the visa is required even if you don’t get off the ship.

4 hours ago, casofilia said:

@xdelitezx

Is my only option paying $89 fee for the cruise to arrange visa .....

A question.  If NCL will do that will they do it for you if you are NOT taking an NCL shorex?

On our 3 stops in Vietnam last March we did private tours in each port and used NCL’s on board Visa arrangement (for $69pp) with no issue.  

Have no comment on Cambodia as we did not stop there on our trip.

5 hours ago, xdelitezx said:

....Is my only option paying $89 fee for the cruise to arrange visa or paying $150+ for their "visa kit"?

Thanks!

As we arranged our own tours in every port and tagged on a 9 day exploration of China I was happy to pay $69pp to have one less thing to “take care of”!   But as an earlier poster stated, the other option is dealing directly with the country’s embassy.   

Have an amazing time!