Live Equinox 2/16/19

h20cruzer

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Thanks for your review.  We have a cruise booked on Equinox, and look forward to your experience.

Do you know if they have texting available on the app yet?   It doesn’t appear so, but maybe it will be added after the dry dock.   Not a problem for us, since we have the internet as part of the go best package for our cruise, but someone on another thread said Celebrity told them it was available.

By the way, I see you are from Novato.  We have been spending summers in San Rafael, and venture up that way to Wildfox and to Sushi Tri for some different dining options.

Those are our two favorite restaurants. Do you happen to know Jerry? He has fresh  wasabi very good, ship charges $10.00 for fresh!!!! Love happy hour at Wild Fox.

Monday Feb 18, I am a bit more organized when I am traveling alone. With 2 grandkids in tow not as organized. Mind you I am not complaining.

Yesterday was a pretty lazy day, by the time we got going it was lunch time and we headed to Sushi on 5. Ramen was a hit with the kids. We had several rolls, service was excellent. Kids back to kids club we moved on for coffee in Al Bacio, then off for a nap and back to the pool and hot tub at 5pm. Last night was Chic night After the kids were fed at the café and deposited at the kids club,We stop for a drink at the bar class car. We been in coming to dinner in the main dining room we had such a good time talking to the people next to us I forgot to take pictures of the food. Our waiter in the dining room was excellent as well. Matt and I both at the lamp even though the lamb was good we thought the beef better. While I’m writing this I find the pink myself pretty boring since we are on our way back to Al Bacio for coffee. I thought the band playing in the center very good I stayed until they quit playing.  We have to turn our clocks ahead an hour last night I really detest that. Being Chic night Quite a few people were dressed up and cocktail dresses and suits  etc. and there were still those jeans and a polo shirt. As they say you can’t please all the people all the time.  My daughter and her boyfriend went to bed and I went to the kids club picked up the kids when we got back at our cabin Celebrity had sent me a birthday cake so of course the kids wanted to eat it up right away and I let them I’m the grandma right!!!! Not telling my daughter because I’ll get in trouble for letting them have cake at midnight. Today we dock in SAN Juan PR at 3:30pm.

0A83332F-2E3B-4FBF-81EF-F30980E16B16.jpeg

BED4889E-2583-435E-BD0A-DF8142EFAC83.jpeg

DA6E1FED-C52D-4685-8603-5CA018C16A97.jpeg

B5F837A9-3B87-4742-BBED-73B031C0E4A2.jpeg

13E8E33D-F87E-43DC-B3D8-E7819C2EC40E.jpeg

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Thanks for your review.  We have a cruise booked on Equinox, and look forward to your experience.

Do you know if they have texting available on the app yet?   It doesn’t appear so, but maybe it will be added after the dry dock.   Not a problem for us, since we have the internet as part of the go best package for our cruise, but someone on another thread said Celebrity told them it was available.

By the way, I see you are from Novato.  We have been spending summers in San Rafael, and venture up that way to Wildfox and to Sushi Tri for some different dining options.

I have the app on my phone but don’t seem to be able to find any texting. I as well have Wi-Fi package so haven’t really looked at App to much but at first glance Not seeing it.

Those are our two favorite restaurants. Do you happen to know Jerry? He has fresh  wasabi very good, ship charges $10.00 for fresh!!!! Love happy hour at Wild Fox.

Who knows, maybe we will run into you this summer. Although we will only be there June and August. We will be gone most of July for a trip to London and a 14 day Med. cruise.

Don’t know Jerry, but we get to Wildfox happy hour often

Past Reviews post 184

Ok finally the the dailies loaded. Sat by the pool whil my grand daughter swam, the band played for about 1/2 hr. For a ship band they are pretty good.

Had a Miami Vice, it was pretty good!!!

started to rain, most people were leaving anyway since we were arriving in PR now waiting for the ship to be cleared by local authorities.

Not sure what we’re doing for dinner tonight or for attending the show Ashlie Amber Harris,  I heard she sings a lot of Whitney Houston songs, might check it out . They are also having the full moon party up on that 14 at 11 PM I’m going to see what that’s about if I’m still awake.7C69CD4F-FE51-4FB1-9C9F-38EADD706787.thumb.jpeg.820e1934634539cf0de78faf27b6457b.jpeg

40A63ED4-EFE2-4D16-BB4B-CB4633504031.jpeg

A236FE95-7520-46EA-A6FB-FC276350B7FA.jpeg

345D4741-7C9D-4BF3-90D8-CFBF98D24277.jpeg

1A3A4A62-8B39-4826-815A-2F1F285791A1.jpeg

CB241628-2424-4580-AD58-1AE5E0ACC879.jpeg

DFC0AC14-97F3-4E4B-A999-D65C8AB0AB97.jpeg

B0CD4301-630E-44AD-B799-C73C6F3FD29C.jpeg

25695EC8-9C07-4F39-B602-BCE39817F7EE.jpeg

I had a terrible time trying to get on the Internet this morning after one hour I gave up. Today is February 19 Tuesday and were in Saint Thomas. There of been a couple of Squalls this morning but it’s supposed to clear up later in the day. My peeps have left and gone to Megans Bay.

We were supposed to arrive in Puerto Rico yesterday at 3:30 which we did after about 20 minutes they came on and said there is an issue and we haven’t cleared the local authorities yet please be patient another half an hour goes by they say all the ropes are not tied up. Another 10 minutes go by they finally clear the ship. I was not getting off so it didn’t matter to me if they were late however there were about 1000 people at the passport bar all trying to get a drink in this hour delay it was chaos down there felt so sorry for the bartenders.

My family bought a couple of souvenirs came back to the ship the kids ate at the buffet then went to the kids club as usual we ended up eating at sushi on five we were the only people in there and they gave us a good deal. Last night was the full moon party but after dinner we are also tired we just went to bed.

We had notification in our room last night that we’re not stopping in Punta Cana Dominican republic. Something with dangerous weather we are stopping in the Samana. My gut tells me they knew this all along but didn’t let us know till last night I know that the ship in the future is not going to be stopping in Punta Cana at all so I think they’re not stopping anymore they’re just not telling the passengers until the night before I don’t know that for a fact it’s just what I think.

So far we have had a great cruise no rowdy people no star codes.  I know the ship is due for refurbishment in May and a couple places are looking a little tired but it certainly has not diminished the fun we’ve had on this trip so far.

8 minutes ago, h20cruzer said:

I had a terrible time trying to get on the Internet this morning after one hour I gave up. Today is February 19 Tuesday and were in Saint Thomas. There of been a couple of Squalls this morning but it’s supposed to clear up later in the day. My peeps have left and gone to Megans Bay.

We were supposed to arrive in Puerto Rico yesterday at 3:30 which we did after about 20 minutes they came on and said there is an issue and we haven’t cleared the local authorities yet please be patient another half an hour goes by they say all the ropes are not tied up. Another 10 minutes go by they finally clear the ship. I was not getting off so it didn’t matter to me if they were late however there were about 1000 people at the passport bar all trying to get a drink in this hour delay it was chaos down there felt so sorry for the bartenders.

My family bought a couple of souvenirs came back to the ship the kids ate at the buffet then went to the kids club as usual we ended up eating at sushi on five we were the only people in there and they gave us a good deal. Last night was the full moon party but after dinner we are also tired we just went to bed.

We had notification in our room last night that we’re not stopping in Punta Cana Dominican republic. Something with dangerous weather we are stopping in the Samana. My gut tells me they knew this all along but didn’t let us know till last night I know that the ship in the future is not going to be stopping in Punta Cana at all so I think they’re not stopping anymore they’re just not telling the passengers until the night before I don’t know that for a fact it’s just what I think.

So far we have had a great cruise no rowdy people no star codes.  I know the ship is due for refurbishment in May and a couple places are looking a little tired but it certainly has not diminished the fun we’ve had on this trip so far.

Thank you so much for this review. I will be on in 2 weeks, so pretty much the same itinerary. 

A few questions for you.

1. How is the food so far?

2. What is the age range of guests? And how about the amount of kids onboard? 

3. Is it a fact that they are no longer doing P.C.?

20 minutes ago, amscene1 said:

Thank you so much for this review. I will be on in 2 weeks, so pretty much the same itinerary. 

A few questions for you.

1. How is the food so far?

2. What is the age range of guests? And how about the amount of kids onboard? 

3. Is it a fact that they are no longer doing P.C.?

The good has been good so far we have eaten in Murano, Sushi on 5 the main dining room and buffet.

id say age range mid 20’s to old. Not over run with kids. Went to pick up grand daughter and in her group 6/9 there were only about 10 kids same for 10-12 yo. I have seenn2 babies on board about 6-9 months old.

i asked if they were stopping in PC anymore but the the I don’t know answer which to me means I don’t want to tell you. 

I don’t have anything in black and white saying they won’t stop in the future, sorry.

21 minutes ago, h20cruzer said:

The good has been good so far we have eaten in Murano, Sushi on 5 the main dining room and buffet.

id say age range mid 20’s to old. Not over run with kids. Went to pick up grand daughter and in her group 6/9 there were only about 10 kids same for 10-12 yo. I have seenn2 babies on board about 6-9 months old.

i asked if they were stopping in PC anymore but the the I don’t know answer which to me means I don’t want to tell you. 

I don’t have anything in black and white saying they won’t stop in the future, sorry.

Thank you so much! Very helpful. I will look at Samana as a back up plan! 

52 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

When we booked our August cruise last year, it was going to Punta Cana.  

The itinerary now has Tortola instead.

There was a thread about it a while ago.

Mine is in 2 weeks, (March 2nd) still says PR on all sites.

doubt we will go to Tortola but Samana is a likely alternative until they have locked in dock space and itineraries start changing. 

Happy Birthday!

Really enjoying following along.   Noticed at mid-point that they had a internet sail and also now offering the Surf Internet package at a reduced price.   Wasn't aware they started rolling it out fleet wise.

My peeps had a good time at the beach. Each and everyone of them use sunscreen they must not of applied correctly because each one of them had a sunburn in a different place one had a sunburn on the knee one had it on their shoulder one had it on their face I just shook my head when I saw the sunburn. I stayed on the ship and enjoy the view had a latte had lunch in the ocean view café. And I decided to walk off the ship to the little shopping area we were docked at Crownpoint there a few shops or nothing like that you’re going to run off the ship to see but it was nice to get off the ship walk around I didn’t buy anything and then I came back and sat on my veranda. 

We went to the 7pm show called Elysium. The kids are excited so we sat in the very front row they were mesmerized by the show with the singing and dancing, the entertainers were right there they both kids enjoyed as well as my daughter and I.

I saw another show on the a Eclipse back in November that sounded very similar but the two shows were nothing alike. We then went on to have dinner in the ocean view café and then went to the 80s throwback night up in the sky lounge which was a lot of fun.  Simon cruise  director has a lot of energy Tomorrow night is Motown we are anxious to see that as well. today we are in Samana DR, I don’t have any intentions of getting off the ship we have to tender in.

Here are a few pictures from yesterday.

4D781A25-3150-4341-96A9-C621C1C5CF16.jpeg

532E0E31-05D0-4228-994F-750E70AECAA2.jpeg

7B587845-68F0-4123-AE96-5187C3715E15.jpeg

B34FC16C-F259-4A19-92BD-C52A71389498.jpeg