ventura e223

brian1

If you look at the Deck plan E223 appear to be behind a life boat.  There is a site which shows a sister ship and photographs from each cabin.  I have carefully compared Ventura to Crown and the lifeboat pattern seems the same.  So checking E223 on Crown should be identical view on Ventura, just scroll down on the link to the correct cabin number. The photo view and Ventura brochure deck plan are consistent in my opinion.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/crown-princess/cabins-200-299

Regards John

Edited by john watson

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Hi,friends of ours have booked this cabin.It's advertised as an obstructed view.Does anyone have experience of this cabin and is it totally obstructed,cheers,Brian.

I have found a video on YouTube cabin E231, which should give a good idea of the obstruction situation (0.44s).  This video also gives creedence to my assertion that my post#3 giving link to renmar's obstructed views site is going to be very accurate.  The YouTube video is called:  

P&O's Ventura E231 Stateroom

Cany get the link to work but there is a link on YouTube to some sort of cruise log relevant to the cabin

Regards John

Edited by john watson

4 hours ago, john watson said:

If you look at the Deck plan E223 appear to be behind a life boat.  There is a site which shows a sister ship and photographs from each cabin.  I have carefully compared Ventura to Crown and the lifeboat pattern seems the same.  So checking E223 on Crown should be identical view on Ventura, just scroll down on the link to the correct cabin number. The photo view and Ventura brochure deck plan are consistent in my opinion.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/crown-princess/cabins-200-299

Regards John

Thanks John,you're a star.That view doesn't seem too bad.They have requested an upgrade,so may get a better cabin,cheers,Brian.

9 hours ago, brian1 said:

Thanks John,you're a star.That view doesn't seem too bad.They have requested an upgrade,so may get a better cabin,cheers,Brian.

That's strange E303 on this site shows a lifeboat, however on Ventura it has only some dangling chains, otherwise its completely clear, I suspect that maybe its not fully accurate.

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

That's strange E303 on this site shows a lifeboat, however on Ventura it has only some dangling chains, otherwise its completely clear, I suspect that maybe its not fully accurate.

The site John posted was for the Crown Princess,so their may be differences here and there,but basically the same spec ship.Perhaps the lifeboat in the picture was tendering at the time,lol.

53 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

The Grand Class ships have a number of differences many of which are subtle.  In respect of a specific query such as a particular cabin it is prudent to look at the photograph and also to inspect the cruise line's deck plan to see if the two are consistent.   If they are consistent I should say this is how things are going to be as you will find them on board.

If a difference is found one or other is clearly incorrect and which is accurate cannot reasonably be established without further investigation.  In the case of E303 it looks like the view is clear according to the Deck Plans. On Crown, Caribbean, Ventura and Azura E303 is the second  of two disabled cabins and E303 has a good view.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

7 minutes ago, john watson said:

The Grand Class ships have a number of differences many of which are subtle.  In respect of a specific query such as a particular cabin it is prudent to look at the photograph and also to inspect the cruise line's deck plan to see if the two are consistent.   If they are consistent I should say this is how things are going to be as you will find them on board.

If a difference is found one or other is clearly incorrect and which is accurate cannot reasonably be established without further investigation.  In the case of E303 it looks like the view is clear according to the Deck Plans. On Crown, Caribbean, Ventura and Azura E303 is the second  of two disabled cabins and E303 has a good view.

Regards John

To complicate even more the Crown,Emerald etc have an extra deck.I assume the Ventura is the same,being a late build.

There are eleven "Grand Class" ships. Grand Princess 1998 largest cruise ship in the world at the time. Golden Princess 2001 and Star Princess 2002 followed.  The way to identify these three is that they have an extra bit of promenade deck attached to the sides of the hull at the forward end and have inset balcony cabins on Deck 8 Emerald Deck. These overlook the Promenade Deck.  Diamond Princess and Sapphire Princess followed in 2004 but were built in Japan these wider variants swapped identities due to a shipyard fire in Japan.  Identifiable by "Jet Engines" on the funnel. Sapphire is currently doing ex-Southampton cruises. Built about a metre wider than standard to get wider promenade deck for Alaskan cruises with people on loungers. Caribbean Princess 2004 had the "pram handle" nightclub which are being phased out.Crown Princess 2006, Emerald Princess 2007, Ruby Princess 2008, Ventura 2009 and finally Azura 2010.  Azura is identifiable with the giant wake supressor on the stern.  It also had the forward balconies like the original three ships but instead of welding extra promenade deck sections to the sides of the ship they diverted passengers who want to go to the forward, upper promenade deck section, through the inside of the ship so virtually nobody goes there.

Regards John

Edited by john watson