Mobile Onboard App

bjay3

You can review your onboard account. Make and review dining and show reservations. See scheduled onboard activities. We found the app to be very convenient. You need to put your phone in airplane mode then turn on wifi and connect to the ship's network. It is free to do this with the app.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Bogle said:

You can review your onboard account. Make and review dining and show reservations. See scheduled onboard activities. We found the app to be very convenient. You need to put your phone in airplane mode then turn on wifi and connect to the ship's network. It is free to do this with the app.

Sounds good..thanks. Just one little question - if I'm accessing the ship's wifi, how does it not use any of the minutes from my wifi package.

11 minutes ago, bjay3 said:

Sounds good..thanks. Just one little question - if I'm accessing the ship's wifi, how does it not use any of the minutes from my wifi package.

To access the Internet, you actually have to go to a web page and log in.  You will then be connected to the Internet. You need to make sure you log out when you are done or it will keep using up your minutes. 

To just view the information on the NCL app, you just need to be connected to the ship's WiFi but not actually logged into/accessing the Internet. 

Edited by hazelnut68
Additional info added.
  • Like 1

NCL used to have two apps, one for use onboard and one for use when not cruising. They are now combined. If you download the app you will be asked to log in using your NCL.com username and password. Once logged in you are on a mobile version of the NCL website. Once you board a ship and log into the ship wifi you will start seeing the onboard functionality. Some people have claimed they could access the ship wifi from the terminal while waiting to board. I have not been able to do this.

If for some reason you are not getting the onboard functionality while on the ship you may need to reboot your phone. This happened to me on the Breakaway last month on embarkation day. Rebooting the phone cleared this and the app worked flawlessly for the rest of the cruise.

1 hour ago, janetjulie said:

"Calling and Messaging Package has a nominal one-time fee for making unlimited onboard calls and messages during your cruise."

How much is this fee? We will be on a one week cruise if that makes a difference.

I've seen that it is $10 per phone.  Well worth it to me after having ZERO access to communication on my cruise on RCL last year....Although it did give us an opportunity to walk off thousands of calories trying to find each of my family members!!! LOL

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, janetjulie said:

"Calling and Messaging Package has a nominal one-time fee for making unlimited onboard calls and messages during your cruise."

How much is this fee? We will be on a one week cruise if that makes a difference.

$9.95 pp on our recent around the horn cruise on the Sun.  Note that it's only good for contacting someone else onboard who has the package as well.  So it basically costs $20 for two people.  

• Thanks 1

Internet package minutes, whether its unlimited, 250, 100, 60 or 30 minutes are one registered devices at a time. You can have multiple ones associated in sharing, but one logged in for use at any chosen time.

IMG_20190108_213121098.jpg

P.S.  Unlimited prices on this are lower by $5 per day as it's for longer sailings, higher for typical 7 days ... 

Edited by mking8288