Excursions for kids to do on a Canada/NE cruise?

DH & I are thinking about taking a quick 5 night cruise to Canada/NE the end of August, just to get away. We want to sail out of NY or NJ so we don't have to fly, and would prefer not to head to the Caribbean during hurricane season. One experience of getting caught in the tail end of Hurricane Dennis in July 2005 was enough for me!

My concern, however, is that there is enough for the kids to do. We're thinking Carnival Victory (we LOVED Carnival Miracle), but it's the excursions I'm worried about. Is there enough "excursion wise" for the kids to enjoy, or should we just look at this as a non-port vacation. Just enjoy the ship and all it has to offer. Will we be able to use the pools or will it be to cold by then?

My kids will be 13 & almost 11 when we go. They LOVED cruising on the Miracle, so I know they will enjoy any cruise!

Thanks!

The ages of your kids I would think the Reversing Rapids in St John would definitely be a hit! Halifax is sooo walkable.. they have sailing ship harbor tours, a good Titanic exhibit and ships to explore at the Maritime Museum, great seafood.. all within walking distance of where you will be docked.

The ages of your kids I would think the Reversing Rapids in St John would definitely be a hit! Halifax is sooo walkable.. they have sailing ship harbor tours, a good Titanic exhibit and ships to explore at the Maritime Museum, great seafood.. all within walking distance of where you will be docked.

I have booked Carnival Victory in Sept and I have a son also...we are planning to do some whale watching...I don't know if your kids would be into that or not but it is a great learning experience and kinda cool to see a whale that close up and it isn't Sea World...we are also doing the jet boat at the reverse falls...just thought I would add my 2 cents as I said have a great trip!!

M

Archived