One day, $7k price increase! GV

erdoran

I've been stalking the Haven sales for my 4/28 Jade sailing.  There are two GVs that haven't sold yet, and the price has gone down from $12-$13k to (today) $10.8k.  Imagine my shock this afternoon when this morning's $10.8 became $17.7k this afternoon!!!!  Checking the GVs it looked like one had sold - but a few hours later, price has dropped back down, and both GVs are back available.

What's super interesting is that I haven't got an upgrade advantage email even though I'm about 72 days out, and I don't think anyone else on the rollcall has either - at least no one has mentioned it.  Haven is totally sold out except for the GV's, suites are sold out, but the rest of the categories have availability.

Just interesting observations, wish I knew what they meant - other than the big price swing!

I think when there’s only one of something left the price goes way up. I’m guessing it’s to give the person who purchased the first gv pause in canceling- they likely had a ta put a hold on it and then decided against it so never lost any $. It also might make bidding go a little higher knowing there’s only one left. 

The same thing happens when Haven is sold out completely. Our Jade sailing sold out of full suites a year in advance. When a haven comes back up for grabs it’s higher priced than original listing. Not to the degree you are seeing with gv though but they are getting snapped back up within a couple days. 

On the popular sailings with sold out haven they usually have a few get lost at final payment and if they don’t sell at list prices they sometimes reduce like what you saw today. Once they hit a mark the few remaining go sky high and likely go to bidding vs list prices. 

I truly cant figure out who would see a price of $17,700 and even remotely consider Norwegian Cruise Lines in the discussion!

Book a Suite on Seabourn sailing Europe all summer. Almost all of their 14 day sailings are way less than $17,700. Most are well under $10,000 published price and include onboard credit, though I'm not sure what you'd spend it on.

Premium Beverages - Included

Service Charges on Included Beverages - None

In-suite Mini Bar - Included

Specialty Coffee - Included

Bottled Water - Included

Specialty Dining - Included

Service Charges on Included Specialty Dining - None

WIFI Internet - Included

Daily Service Charges - None

55 minutes ago, blcruising said:

I truly cant figure out who would see a price of $17,700 and even remotely consider Norwegian Cruise Lines in the discussion!

Book a Suite on Seabourn sailing Europe all summer. Almost all of their 14 day sailings are way less than $17,700. Most are well under $10,000 published price and include onboard credit, though I'm not sure what you'd spend it on.

Premium Beverages - Included

Service Charges on Included Beverages - None

In-suite Mini Bar - Included

Specialty Coffee - Included

Bottled Water - Included

Specialty Dining - Included

Service Charges on Included Specialty Dining - None

WIFI Internet - Included

Daily Service Charges - None

It’s far, far beyond “premium beverages”, it is top shelf

Anyone who would pay more than 2k pp on NCL, I will never understand