Explorer 2 single cabins

The 15 outside single cabins are on deck 5 forward well away from the engines and one deck below the promenade deck. If they are like the ones on Explorer expect to see a double cabin designated for single occupancy. It will have all the facilities of a double cabin with the choice of either a queen sized double bed or split into 2 singles. The 15 inside single cabins are forward on deck 8 above the theatre.

8 hours ago, Captain Lucky said:

Oh thats very unfortunate, im in an inside cabin. No early nights for me! Just as well I upgraded to premium drinks package, looking forward to the fun. Thanks.

The theatre entertainment stops before midnight and the disco is miles away on deck 12

Aye Aye Captain.

If you need any information about anything Marella cruise related this board will usually give better information than TUI. The mainstays are Davecctr, Pensioncruiser, Vitalsigns and Dronnygirl. Plus a few others.

Absolute mines of useful info.

Well Thankyou Brummijam

I hope Captain Lucky doesn't bump into the other Captain 👨‍✈️who spends at least 6 months a year on Marella and I don't mean the one in charge of the boat 🛳 !!!!!

Edited by Vitalsign

37 minutes ago, Brummijam said:

How do you go about booking single cabins?

i have looked online and a price shows for double occupancy but when I try single it shows no availability.

What ship and date?

Single cabins book out very quickly

6 hours ago, Brummijam said:

I was looking at Explorer  for The fjords in June, Other half and ma in law are musing.  Out of interest Dave what is the average uplift for a single fare as opposed to a couple.

Thanks for your reply. 👍

the single supplements for my 3 cruises this year are 13.5%, 37% and 28%. there is a 14 night cruise available for 9th June but the cabin is a large balcony and the supplement is 69%. They do occasionally sell double cabins for single occupancy but at a high supplement

Wow that’s incredible.  I always knew that there was a supplement but it’s not until you start enquires that you see how much it is. I understand that all of the cruise lines are in for profit but that must be of no comfort to you having to pay those prices. I suppose they know that if you want to go on the cruise you will pay it, if you don’t then someone else will.

Keep well.

• 1 month later...

I have cruised regularly as a single on Princess where the supplements are 100%.  I have just priced a single on Explorer 2 for a two week cruise next year and the price was 2000GBP per person for a double and 2700GBP for a single, which I thought was excellent!

Yes, that is good at 35%. I booked a xmas cruise for 14 nights on Explorer for £3138 - ouch! but on checking today the cruise is waitlisted and if you could buy an outside double it would cost £4859 so my single supplement is 29%

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose the upside on the Discovery/Explorer ships is you do get a double cabin to bounce around in, just wish I could have two aeroplane seats to go with the extra expense. Still go to be grateful Marella do have single cabins allocated on these boats.