MSC App

FiggyWig

Hi everyone 

Now the app seems to be up and running (albeit much of it's in German) I just wondered about using it while on board. Do you need mobile data / internet to use it or is there some kind of Wi-Fi set up just for the app ?

There is onboard WIFI that the app connects to.  For basic things like looking at the schedule and booking restaurants it is free.  If you want to surf the internet and/or send email, you need to have some kind of internet package.

Depending on the promotion that was in place when you booked, some reservations included some kind of internet package.  If not you need to buy an internet package.  If you are going to buy, look at buying it BEFORE you get on the ship as it will be less expensive and you will not get charged the 15% service charge on top of the plan cost.

17 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

For one week med ive paid 72eur... 4devices

Hello! Do you remeber what are the prices they offered while inboard. I got the information that we can chose from 3 different packages to buy prior to the cruise but there are 2 other packages that we can only buy in board...but nobody can give me the information regarding to this.Thank You .)

On 2/19/2019 at 7:29 AM, FiggyWig said:

Hi everyone 

Now the app seems to be up and running (albeit much of it's in German) I just wondered about using it while on board. Do you need mobile data / internet to use it or is there some kind of Wi-Fi set up just for the app ?

I have used the app on Meraviglia and Seaview  and currently for Bellissima . 

Just a thought , have you checked  the settings in the app that it is set to English .

As others have said you do not need to have any internet package to use the app, you just connect to the ship’s WiFi onboard and you are all set.

You can check everything on it, reservations, onboard account, port info , even download port info  maps. I was quite impressed with it .

Ok, just checked on my iPad,  you are right , port info is in German , 😆. First time seen that. Glitches. 😆 

Edited by heatherb1958

• 8 months later...
On 2/20/2019 at 6:26 PM, heatherb1958 said:

I have used the app on Meraviglia and Seaview  and currently for Bellissima . 

Just a thought , have you checked  the settings in the app that it is set to English .

As others have said you do not need to have any internet package to use the app, you just connect to the ship’s WiFi onboard and you are all set.

You can check everything on it, reservations, onboard account, port info , even download port info  maps. I was quite impressed with it .

Ok, just checked on my iPad,  you are right , port info is in German , 😆. First time seen that. Glitches. 😆 

Thank you for this 

36 minutes ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

How did you texted friends? They have to add you as friend or something? 

When you go to the MSC for Me app, you can add others that are sailing with you and can text for free when in the app. It was helpful to find our friends, confirm they were on their way to trivia etc.

30 minutes ago, jdvmd said:

When you go to the MSC for Me app, you can add others that are sailing with you and can text for free when in the app. It was helpful to find our friends, confirm they were on their way to trivia etc.

GREAT WE ARE 3 CABINS SO WILL BE VERY VERY HELPFUL )