Nassau excursions

Tntt

Hello, I'm back with another question. We are looking into excursions while in port in Nassau. I've read many people say it is cheaper to book through Independent companies but since we are new cruisers I would prefer to book through royal.

So the excursion I'm interested in is a tour of nassau that includes a stop at Atlantis. My question is how does it work once you purchase the excursion? Do you get to port and someone will direct us to where we need to go? Do the tour people make sure we get back to the boat in time? Are tours even safe in nassau? I dont want to get lost, robbed  or left behind.

Tours are generally safe.  They will not lose you.

There have been a couple of instances of tours being robbed, but it based on numbers, you are safer on a tour in Nassau than walking down the street in any major city.

Your excursion tickets will have the meet up point on them along with the time to be there.  Sometimes it may be in the main show room where they have a designated area for each excursion.  Other times it will be on the dock.  Where a cruise line representative will be holding up a placard with excursion name.  If the meet point is on the dock then give you extra time to get off the ship.

Excursion are genearlly safe, but like anywhere in the world things can happen.

The excursion will most likely get you back to the ship on time.  In the rare times when they are running late, the will notify the ship.  If it at all possible the ship will wait.