$20 Deposit??

Lovincruisin1321

No, it’s even if it’s cruise only. I just booked on the phone, and the rep told me that even though my paperwork would show that I owed a full deposit, I should ignore that. It was a glitch in the software (no surprise there😉). Perhaps that would explain your problem. You might want to book on the phone to make sure you get it.

9 minutes ago, FirstTeacher said:

No, it’s even if it’s cruise only. I just booked on the phone, and the rep told me that even though my paperwork would show that I owed a full deposit, I should ignore that. It was a glitch in the software (no surprise there😉). Perhaps that would explain your problem. You might want to book on the phone to make sure you get it.

Did they send you a corrected copy?  The website is really messed up!

Why would anyone deal with the X website or even spend the hours calling on the phone when you could just find yourself a great TA and let them do it for you? It doesn't cost you an extra penny. Have been on 26+ cruises and never have booked one without a TA. Why would I want to do that work when I don't have to.

Jim

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DrKoob said:

Why would anyone deal with the X website or even spend the hours calling on the phone when you could just find yourself a great TA and let them do it for you? It doesn't cost you an extra penny. Have been on 26+ cruises and never have booked one without a TA. Why would I want to do that work when I don't have to.

Jim

For me, I prefer dealing on the phone with a rep. They’re available 24/7, and I have more control over the reservation. I understand that many TA’s offer their own perks, but I’d rather work directly with the cruise line. It’s never been a hassle for me.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, FirstTeacher said:

For me, I prefer dealing on the phone with a rep. They’re available 24/7, and I have more control over the reservation. I understand that many TA’s offer their own perks, but I’d rather work directly with the cruise line. It’s never been a hassle for me.

For me, I hate if I have a problem or a question that I have already discussed that I have to explain everything all over again. Every single time because you never get the same person. When I call my TA, it’s someone who I have known for years. Maybe he’s not available for questions and booking 24/7 but when I call him about a request, he knows exactly what I am talking about. He calls me by my name. He knows my preferences. 

And sadly, the entire RCL company is downsizing their phone centers in the US and moving many of them offshore. :classic_mellow:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DrKoob said:

For me, I hate if I have a problem or a question that I have already discussed that I have to explain everything all over again. Every single time because you never get the same person. When I call my TA, it’s someone who I have known for years. Maybe he’s not available for questions and booking 24/7 but when I call him about a request, he knows exactly what I am talking about. He calls me by my name. He knows my preferences. 

And sadly, the entire RCL company is downsizing their phone centers in the US and moving many of them offshore. :classic_mellow:

Jim - everybody knows you by name.  :classic_tongue:

4 hours ago, DrKoob said:

Jim

I found out that the X website was malfunctioning.  The customer rep was very nice and helped me with my booking.

I have used both a TA and booked myself.  In some cases the TA cannot participate in some of the promotions.  I ran into this with my NCL booking w/two free perks.

1 hour ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

I have used both a TA and booked myself.  In some cases the TA cannot participate in some of the promotions.  I ran into this with my NCL booking w/two free perks.

A good TA can get any promotion any cruise line is offering. Some of them will tell you they can't because they don't want to do the work to find them. Find a great TA that you can have a relationship with that knows what you want and gets it every time. They will fight hard for you. They should be your advocate. Mind you, I am not talking about an online TA. I am talking about someone that you can meet for coffee and talk travel.

55 minutes ago, DrKoob said:

A good TA can get any promotion any cruise line is offering. Some of them will tell you they can't because they don't want to do the work to find them. Find a great TA that you can have a relationship with that knows what you want and gets it every time. They will fight hard for you. They should be your advocate. Mind you, I am not talking about an online TA. I am talking about someone that you can meet for coffee and talk travel.

Unfortunately some of us no longer have TAs in the area and would be forced to use online agents (which I am not comfortable doing) so I just book directly now.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DrKoob said:

Sound perfect but one problem is how do you find a good TA?  By the time I go through all that I miss the promotional deals!

Just now, Lovincruisin1321 said:

Sound perfect but one problem is how do you find a good TA?  By the time I go through all that I miss the promotional deals!

The key is to find one way before you need one. Look locally and interview them just like you would if you were getting a new accountant or a new doctor. It always amazes me that people will spend $10K on a the phone or online with someone they don't know. 

I was lucky, my TA of many years was my banker before she went into travel so I already knew her. She saved my butt a number of times and got me great deals too. I never asked too much of her and she always gave me much more than I asked for.

5 hours ago, DrKoob said:

I wouldn't want to deal with a different contact each time, either. A few years ago, after a cruise, I received an email from our 'Celebrity Vacation Planner,' with a telephone number to call him directly. He either answers the call immediately or returns my call within an hour and knows the Celebrity product so well, checks for bonuses and discounts and I enjoy talking to him. It's no more difficult to call him that it was to call my contact at the Big Box TA. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DrKoob said:

Jim

My TA couldnt book the cruise with a $20 deposit. So I booked it on the Celebrity site and transferred it over to my TA afterwards. 

On 2/19/2019 at 4:30 PM, Lovincruisin1321 said:

Is the $20 deposit that Celebrity is posting only good if you book air?

I went through the whole process and they want me to pay in full?

September 2020.   What am I missing?

The 20/20 promo I received was only good for select cruises departing June 1, 2019 to March 30, 2020.

You are outside that window.

• Like 1