Medical Facilities question

My daughter got a sinus infection while on a RCI cruise.  She was well treated and professionally taken care of but I would advise taking medication with you if possible for chronic health problems.  They charged her about $10 per pill for the antibiotic that they prescribed.  So add the medical visit plus prescription cost her more than she expected.  Since she gets frequent sinus infections, she now gets a prescription filled from her doctor before cruising for "just in case" as the doctor knows she won't take it unless necessary.

Just had this same issue on the Grandeur of the Seas in January. The doctor and other personnel in the medical facility were great. They gave me bactrim. A ten day supply. It was $15. The visit itself was $183 I believe and all of it was billed to our on board account. They gave us everything we would need to submit it to our insurance carrier.  Be aware of the medical facility hours. On the Grandeur they were open a few hours in the morning and a few in the evening. We missed our excursion in Miami but because we were in the medical facility they did refund our money. As others have said, it was just like visiting an urgent care facility at home.

I would presume so (UK-based physician here), all it would need is a defibrillator capable of delivering a synchronized shock and a few slugs of midazolam so you won't remember getting struck by lightning in your chest! 

Any device other than basic AEDs for use by the public should be capable of this, so I would think anything in the medical centre for use by a physician will be able to deliver a synchronized shock.