Anthem of the Seas - Balcony guarantee categories under pick your own cabin

AnnaNicole

I have cruised many times.   I usually select my own cabin, however, I am finding on RCI Anthem of the Seas 8/28/19 NE/Canada sailing - only guarantees are being offered across almost all of the balcony categories on RCI website and TA websites.   It does not give you the option to select your stateroom (on Pick your own cabin) only the option to select GTY.

Why are mostly all of the balconies GTYs on this particular sailing?   Even when selecting a particular category?    Ex:  you can book a  D4 GTY.  D7 GTY.  E1 or E2 Obstructed GTY. etc, but not a stateroom.

If you book a general XB category - it says "Oceanview Balcony Guarantee."   Does that mean the balcony will not be an obstructed balcony?

16 minutes ago, AnnaNicole said:

I have cruised many times.   I usually select my own cabin, however, I am finding on RCI Anthem of the Seas 8/28/19 NE/Canada sailing - only guarantees are being offered across almost all of the balcony categories on RCI website and TA websites.   It does not give you the option to select your stateroom (on Pick your own cabin) only the option to select GTY.

Why are mostly all of the balconies GTYs on this particular sailing?   Even when selecting a particular category?    Ex:  you can book a  D4 GTY.  D7 GTY.  E1 or E2 Obstructed GTY. etc, but not a stateroom.

If you book a general XB category - it says "Oceanview Balcony Guarantee."   Does that mean the balcony will not be an obstructed balcony?

No guarantee.  I brought up a thread a few months ago as to the difference in RCL selects the cabin # vs you select and all RCL's web site gives you is cabin guarantee.  Also, you select fare is higher than if they select.   Strange. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Likely a temporary thing and a maybe a glitch. XB GTY should be at a price lower than all categories.

Thanks for the reply.

The XB GTY I ended up booking with my TA had a higher rate because it had RCI and TA OBC attached to it.   There were many different promotions to choose from.  I chose the best overall deal on the XB.

When I look at RCI cruiseplanner it shows GTY.   (No category XB or balcony GTY)  

Is there a possibility for being assigned an Obstructed view balcony?   My confirmation shows Oceanview Balcony Guarantee.  

15 minutes ago, AnnaNicole said:

Is there a possibility for being assigned an Obstructed view balcony?   

Yes, I think the X GTY category may include assignments all the way down to 2E cabins on deck 6. The inventory on RCI' UK site may tell the chances of getting one.

Edited by Biker19