Extra Rooms Keys

Hoops_Baller

I searched and found this topic in a post from about 12 years ago, so I thought I would go ahead and ask again.   We have two rooms booked to accommodate 2 adults and 3 kids.  The rooms are booked with 1 adult in each room, but we will be sleeping with the kids in one and adults in the other.  So the question is, do we just go to guest services to get an extra key for each room?  Second part, when is the best time to do that, immediately upon boarding or wait until later in the at when things calm down a bit?

20 minutes ago, Hoops_Baller said:

So the question is, do we just go to guest services to get an extra key for each room?  Second part, when is the best time to do that, immediately upon boarding or wait until later in the at when things calm down a bit?

yes, later in the evening is better

• Like 1

We had a similar room setup, except it was 2 adults and 5 kids. We had two balcony rooms right next to each other. We dropped off our luggage and went straight to guest services and got a room key for me and a room key for the kid I was switching with. We were on early enough that there was no line and it literally took less than five minutes. We also asked our room steward about removing the divider between our balconies and he had a maintenance team there within 15 minutes to do it. This way we could go back and forth in between our rooms using the balcony and not have to mess with keys. Had I known they would do it so quickly we could've just skipped guest services all together. 

8 minutes ago, Stacie. said:

We had a similar room setup, except it was 2 adults and 5 kids. We had two balcony rooms right next to each other. We dropped off our luggage and went straight to guest services and got a room key for me and a room key for the kid I was switching with. We were on early enough that there was no line and it literally took less than five minutes. We also asked our room steward about removing the divider between our balconies and he had a maintenance team there within 15 minutes to do it. This way we could go back and forth in between our rooms using the balcony and not have to mess with keys. Had I known they would do it so quickly we could've just skipped guest services all together. 

So did you have 2 separate sign&sail cards? If so, could you carry them together and have them work? Or would you need to separate them?

9 minutes ago, Stacie. said:

And....what floor were you on? We will have adjoining cove balconies and would love to have one huge balcony 

One was a room key and one was my sign and sail card. I just clipped them both on my lanyard so they were both accessible. We were on the 6th floor. I haven't had a cove balcony so I don't know how the dividers are built. I attached a picture of our balcony. The blue chair in the middle of the picture is sitting where the divider was. There is a metal pole that the divider was attached to next to the railing. 

51953778_10157182169642425_4256718864177430528_n.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BENHANDEL said:

And....what floor were you on? We will have adjoining cove balconies and would love to have one huge balcony 

i remember reading the cove balconies is built within the ship super structure and due to this, they can be not open like the regular balconies

Edited by shof515