guarantee

Travels with Lisa

I still haven't been assigned a cabin - we are 3 weeks out.  We went with a interior guarantee - we could wind up anywhere.  I did guarantee OV on a b2b a few years ago - the first leg I was in an obstructed view, the second a balcony.   I've never been in an interior, but I think I would probably prefer that to the obstructed view- the layout is odd and they are smallest cabins on the ship.

We had a guarantee obstructed last October and we actually preferred the layout! Yes there is no sofa but we thought the bathroom and wardrobe area worked better, more room in front of the wardrobe and much lighter area and we didnt run the gauntlet of being hit by the bathroom door whilst getting clothes from the wardrobe!  We actually have chosen an obstructed oceanview next year on a very port intensive itinerary, but slightly further along with a tad more view, on Phils recommendations! 

In answer to your original question we noticed our cabin allocation online about 3 weeks prior to the cruise.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, combine said:

We had a guarantee obstructed last October and we actually preferred the layout! Yes there is no sofa but we thought the bathroom and wardrobe area worked better, more room in front of the wardrobe and much lighter area and we didnt run the gauntlet of being hit by the bathroom door whilst getting clothes from the wardrobe!  We actually have chosen an obstructed oceanview next year on a very port intensive itinerary, but slightly further along with a tad more view, on Phils recommendations! 

In answer to your original question we noticed our cabin allocation online about 3 weeks prior to the cruise.

I'm with you. Having been dead against these cat 08 cabins in the past, if I could get one on the end I'd book it again. I too preferred the set up. Providing you can do without the sofa and table for room service they are good cabins. The view out of 6046. Quiet and good location:5E32B632-F835-4607-8A3B-A489F8BD8400.thumb.jpeg.a3c020dc1d1c55be9cd534af71e85588.jpegA5DAE869-1C4A-4C94-95CF-35BA3D0BF935.thumb.jpeg.8b7c19fc5cb9e6395480270f4b486a98.jpeg 

Phil 

• Like 1

We did an Oceanview guarantee for Azamara Journey on a cruise that left in mid-October. I checked our reservation online periodically and saw a room assignment pop up about 2 months before the cruise. The cabin was on deck 4, which we liked a lot. It was very quiet and comfortable. I'd expected to be assigned one of the smaller cabins with an obstructed view on deck 6, but I'm glad to hear from previous posters that those cabins have better access to the bathroom and wardrobe area. 

~Maya

14 hours ago, Animalgirl27 said:

Wow that's awesome you were upgraded to a balcony on the second leg! You are right about the obstructed layouts from what I read. How obstructed was the view?

Not at all when the lifeboats were down!  When they were up, you could see out the window through the plastic window of the boat.  It was pretty obstructed.  I have not experienced the end obstructed view cabins, but they definitely have better visibility!