Rooms on hump

sanken

A hump cabin,is a section of balcony cabins,on a Voyager,or Radiance class ship,that extends out from the side of the ship. They have them on both Port and Starboard side,about mid ship,along the ship.

I had a hump cabin,on Mariner,and just loved it. Great views,and so close to the elevators,for convenience,but absolutely no noise from them. I will be on the hump again on Brilliance,in April. Can't wait.:)

karalun:

How was a the Hawaii cruise? We're thinking about taking one in 2007 but RCI hasn't released info yet. We sailed the Seranade Oct/Nov of 2005 and loved that ship so we would definitely sail her again! Just wondered how the ports were in Hawaii. Also, I'm disabled, did they have to tender any/all of them? Which was your favorite Island?

Thanks...

Sue

sanken - We had 8088, port side hump cabin on the Serenade for our

October Canal cruise. Great views. We were immediately forward of the

elevators and didn't hear anything. Sometimes you could hear music

from the Atrium. The views forward and sideways were great.

Barb & Jim

We had 8602 on Brilliance and had no problems with noise. I consider it one of the better locations because there is very little walk to the elevator, it is on the back side of the hump so there is very little wind. The location also allows for a slightly larger balcony that had two regular chairs, a small table and one lounge chair. The L shape of the wall also was a great spot for putting out luggage on the last night without compitition from the cabins around us for wall space.

While I think I would prefer a D1 cabin on deck 9, the E1 8602 was fine and we both considered it's location to be perfect for us. In fact, I have the exact same cabin location booked for a 6 night Radiance cruise in December.

While I think I would prefer a D1 cabin on deck 9, the E1 8602 was fine and we both considered it's location to be perfect for us.

I had a dilemna yesterday. I'm booked in a 9th floor D2 on my Freedom cruise, yet yesterday a hump cabin became available on 8. It was actually less expensive than the cabin I booked and on the very outside of the hump. I wasn't sure if I could switch, but it was tempting to make the call.

Then I thought about it for a while, and our D2 is right near the steps of the forward Centrum in a good spot as well, so I just decided to hang tight. Only two quick flights up to the solarium and the giant cantilevered whirlpools! LOL

Tracy

I had a dilemna yesterday. I'm booked in a 9th floor D2 on my Freedom cruise, yet yesterday a hump cabin became available on 8. It was actually less expensive than the cabin I booked and on the very outside of the hump. I wasn't sure if I could switch, but it was tempting to make the call.

Then I thought about it for a while, and our D2 is right near the steps of the forward Centrum in a good spot as well, so I just decided to hang tight. Only two quick flights up to the solarium and the giant cantilevered whirlpools! LOL

Tracy

I think you probably made the right choice. The little extra room in the D1 (or D2 depending on location) is really nice. The E1 was OK but I like just a little more room to move about. We actually spend time relaxing in our room when on a cruise as to being out on deck all day long.

Of course, when it comes right down to it, I'd rather have a JS cabin in almost any location. I love the sitting area for relaxing before/after dinner. Now if they'd only bring back purchasing liquor onboard to take to your room, life would be perfect.

I think you probably made the right choice.

Phew! :)

Of course, when it comes right down to it, I'd rather have a JS cabin in almost any location.

Well, this was part of my thinking also. When I look at the deck nine layout, we are the po' folk sandwiched between the nice suites. I keep thinking it's a good position to be in for an upgrade, if there is one to be had. If a family wants a JS with a D2 next door, they will have to boot us to another cabin. Long shot for sure, but it's a room we will be very happy with if we don't get bumped up.

Tracy

Archived