Skagwway shore excursion

aalonzo2019

Hello All,

I will be going for the first time to Alaska in May 2019! For Skagway, what shore excursion would everyone recommend? It will be my aunt and I going. We don’t want to do the helicopter ride or the train ride so what else would everyone suggest?

Edited by aalonzo2019

I asked the same question a bit ago, I also don't want a helicopter or train ride, and based on responses I booked the Glacier Wilderness Safari. If you search for my thread there is a lot of helpful information in there with some other ideas too.

i highly and personally recommend using dyea dave.  one of the best...if not THE best...excursions i have ever taken on a cruise.  http://www.*****/contact.htm. not sure why the link is not printing here properly, but contact him at his name with .com after it.  lol.  small group comfy mini bus and he will stop whenever and wherever you ask.  he is the expert and knows where all the great photo ops are.  he knows the history.  takes you to a great place for lunch.  give it a look. we will be in skagway again this august and i am seriously considering booking him again as are the members of my group who went with me before. that should say something....

Edited by skateycat

I am also looking what to do in Skagway.  This cruise I am going with a 9 yr old and two 70’s old ladies.

I have done the train before and don’t think a 9 yr would be interested in the train.

Any suggestions?