Epic pools question.

Pwrmaster7

Going in April...are the pools cool enough or too warm like bath water? Just wondering what I am in for. Also ive seen varying depths listed. Anyone have that info handy for the different pools? I like to spend my days in or near the water and this is my first cruise. Thanks 🙂

I sailed in January 2019. They were way too warm for me. It was like a public bathtub, yuk. You could feel the heat coming up from the silver plates in the floor of the pool.

Epic pools are less than 4feet deep. Freshwater, not saltwater, too.

Edited by blcruising

• 1 month later...

What are the rules as far as which pools allow kids in them? 

only asking because Breakaway and Getaway do not allow kids in the pool area of the main pool (even though there is an adults only pool as well), and my kids are too big for the kiddie pool area.

Thanks

As someone who appreciates a nice swimming pool, I’ve never once gotten into a pool on a cruise. Too small, too shallow and way too many people. It doesn’t matter what ship you are on. However, I hear the pool situation on Epic is particularly bad.

24 minutes ago, CruisingNole said:

... Too small, too shallow and way too many people. It doesn’t matter what ship you are on. ...

The Getaway, Breakaway and Escape are all 6 foot deep.  If that's too shallow, I'm not sure what you expect. So I think it DOES matter what ship you are on...

1 hour ago, Pwrmaster7 said:

Stop reminding me.... I honestly don't know what I'm going to do during the day. 

A typical concern of a First Time Cruiser.

Lots to do onboard but the small Cruise ship pools are not a highlight of cruising.The Epic big water slide is exceptional though .

Quick dip to cool off is all we do.

• Like 1