Vibrations aft on voyager

I&J Cruisers

My DH is looking at a cruise on voyager.  Suite 967 was available. It is aft on the starboard side of the ship. I have read about the vibrations in the penthouse suites that run across the back of the ship. This cabin is a D  concierge the second from the back.  Is this cabin also subject to the same vibrations.  I recall reading that they have worked on this problem but the vibrations are still an issue.  Does anyone 

have knowledge of this location. 

You'll get different opinions on here.  So much of it depends on your tolerance for the shakes.  My wife and I have sailed aft both times on Voyager (in 878 and 677) and had no issues.  You will hear the occasional creak and tinkling of glassware, especially if you're moving fast, but it wasn't enough to bother us; in fact we found it relaxing.  Others will absolutely not book aft because of the shaking.

The vibration is still present and if you're susceptible to motion or noise issues, I'd recommend moving further forward if at all possible.  Also, being on a lower deck will help with motion issues, too.

Like I said, if you want to move forward, go ahead - and leave those nice aft cabins for us!  LOL!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, I&J Cruisers said:

My DH is looking at a cruise on voyager.  Suite 967 was available. It is aft on the starboard side of the ship. I have read about the vibrations in the penthouse suites that run across the back of the ship. This cabin is a D  concierge the second from the back.  Is this cabin also subject to the same vibrations.  I recall reading that they have worked on this problem but the vibrations are still an issue.  Does anyone 

have knowledge of this location. 

Let me put it this way, if you think you would have enjoyed those beds where you put a quarter and it would vibrate, then book an aft cabin

cruiseluv - love your response!

Actually, since you are on a ship at sea, there likely will  a vibration when the ship docks (even on Explorer).  When we booked an aft suite on Voyager, we brought some duct tape -- just in case the drawers opened and closed.  Didn't need it.  Not sure that we would book an aft suite on Voyager again but we would if it were the best choice/price.

We have sailed in 1055 aft on Voyager , you could notice a little vibration at times especially in the bathroom, but nothing to worry us. Indeed we have booked same cabin again for a cruise next year. Nothing like as bad as the back of the Navigator, where vibration in the theatre is very noticeable and glasses vibrate across the little tables. It's ideal for Martinis which are 

shaken not stirred !!

However suites are fine at the front, just avoid aft suites

We had a SS Aft suite on Voyager - 14 nights HK to Bangkok - no problem at all. Very occasionally, and only  at high speed, there was some short term mild vibration. I am extremely susceptible to noise & motion and I was not affected, it was barely noticeable.  In contrast, we were recently on another line (P & O - Arcadia) where we experienced 4 days & nights of really irritating engine noise & a dreadful vibration in an aft suite. It was only at high speeds again but it was constant for those 4 sea days until the ship slowed down or was in port!

Having read the comments on here about Voyager we were very concerned - without reason, as it turned out. I think these things are relative, we would book aft suites on Voyager again without hesitation.

• Thanks 1