Symphony of the Seas prices in Feb 2020

We booked this cruise while we were on the Harmony in May 2018 (just DH and I).  We booked for just our immediate family (5 of us total).  Now we have more family wanting to book, but the prices are just going up and up.  Do any of you know, based on past trends, whether there will be better rates/deals in the future?  It might be hard to predict because this is a new ship.  Our son booked a balcony with his girlfriend during the Black Friday sale and his room total with gratuities and insurance was $2500.00.  Now the interior room is a little less than $2500 without adding gratuities and insurance.  I have a feeling that the price is not going to get any better.  Any other insight from more seasoned RC cruisers?

Thank you in advance!

Diane

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Price trends are unpredictable.

For sure, but with 11 months away, new ship and prices going up the last 8 months, one would think in this case the odds are it stays the same or increases.  Which week in February may make a difference.

It all depends on how interested you are in the room.  The only way you can ensure that you won't pay a higher price than today is to book it today.  If the price does go down before the REQUIRED final payment date (not when you actually pay) then you can get the reservation changed to the new rate.  I have done this twice on a current reseervation.

Edited by norway olin

Thank you all for your responses.  It is pretty much what I figured!  Sounds to me like they need to just book at the cheapest rate they can if they really want to come with us or book a balcony.  Which right now the rates are REALLY high (it is a new ship after all) or decide that it’s just too expensive.

Thabks again!

Diane

Book asap   If the price goes down you can adjust   But lately prices, especially for the newer ships are on the rise.

I would suggest booking a Central Park view on Deck 9   they are a good size with a large picture window and window seat and cost effective 

Edited by Cruise a holic

On 2/28/2019 at 8:23 PM, martinclm said:

We booked this cruise while we were on the Harmony in May 2018 (just DH and I).  We booked for just our immediate family (5 of us total).  Now we have more family wanting to book, but the prices are just going up and up.  Do any of you know, based on past trends, whether there will be better rates/deals in the future?  It might be hard to predict because this is a new ship.  Our son booked a balcony with his girlfriend during the Black Friday sale and his room total with gratuities and insurance was $2500.00.  Now the interior room is a little less than $2500 without adding gratuities and insurance.  I have a feeling that the price is not going to get any better.  Any other insight from more seasoned RC cruisers?

Thank you in advance!

Diane

Diane- i can just tell you that in November 2018 i booked the Symphony for Nov 2, 2019 for an inside cabin which has dropped in price since then, 9 times (including OBC offered, 60% off, Wow sale, etc.  It is now $600 less for the two of us ($300 each) then it was when i first booked it so yes i think you will definitely see price drops- also it wont be as new at that time.  I would feel confident to go ahead and book it.

• Like 1