First Time Spa Balcony

elkaholic

Hello all! We are sailing on the Magic 2/15/2020 and have booked a Spa Balcony (Deck 12) for the first time ever. I was hoping any of you that have had this experience could give us some insight, tips, advice, etc., on ways to best enjoy this deck and the spa amenities that are included. I understand that there is no overhang from a deck above....how was this? Is the balcony able to be seen from deck 13?

Thanks in advance

I haven't been in a spa balcony but I was in a spa inside on the Splendor.  LOVED the spa services!!!  The special lotions in the room are fantastic!  They are limited, they do not refill them every day.  I checked with the company, Elemis, after the cruise and they were just too expensive to consider buying, for me.  We got some free classes, yoga, etc and access to the T-pool and steam rooms.  Discounts on all spa services and we especially loved that our room was so close to the spa services.  HTH!

40 minutes ago, elkaholic said:

Hello all! We are sailing on the Magic 2/15/2020 and have booked a Spa Balcony (Deck 12) for the first time ever. I was hoping any of you that have had this experience could give us some insight, tips, advice, etc., on ways to best enjoy this deck and the spa amenities that are included. I understand that there is no overhang from a deck above....how was this? Is the balcony able to be seen from deck 13?

Thanks in advance

We had 12005 on the Breeze and loved the cabin and the location. Even though there is no solid roof over the balcony no you can’t be seen from deck 13. At least not where we were. There’s still pipes and structures that run above so it’s not like totally open. It was nice at night to be able to look straight up and see the stars.

Depending where on 12 you are their is a door at the forward end of the hall that leads into the front area of the fitness center and then you just take the little glass elevator or the spiral staircase into the spa area. Very convenient when you’re in a robe.

Ask at the spa desk for your free body scrub. They never offered it to us we had to ask. 

We used the thermo suite everyday before dinner. Great way to rejuvenate from the day. 

Our cabin steward replenished our Elemis bath products all week. I didn’t really think they were that great but they came in a little bigger size than normal hotel stuff so that was nice.

I hope you enjoy your cabin and the cruise!

I got upgraded to a spa balcony on the Sunshine, and I was wondering if we get to keep the spa slippers or are they like the robes. I personally hope they're not like the robes...I don't really like the idea of wearing shoes hundreds of other feet have been in for a week😐

7 hours ago, Llamabear said:

I got upgraded to a spa balcony on the Sunshine, and I was wondering if we get to keep the spa slippers or are they like the robes. I personally hope they're not like the robes...I don't really like the idea of wearing shoes hundreds of other feet have been in for a week😐

We’ve stayed in a spa room twice. I’ve taken the slippers home and have not been charged. Also they come in a little bag thing. They are brand new. 

Edited by ToriB
  • Thanks 1

We loved the Spa Balcony we had it on the Dream and Magic. You exit the glass elevators to the smell of eucalyptus, there were no kids, very few cabins, extremely quiet, steps from the Serenity area  and spa. 

8 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

We had 12005 on the Breeze and loved the cabin and the location. Even though there is no solid roof over the balcony no you can’t be seen from deck 13. At least not where we were. There’s still pipes and structures that run above so it’s not like totally open. It was nice at night to be able to look straight up and see the stars.

Depending where on 12 you are their is a door at the forward end of the hall that leads into the front area of the fitness center and then you just take the little glass elevator or the spiral staircase into the spa area. Very convenient when you’re in a robe.

Ask at the spa desk for your free body scrub. They never offered it to us we had to ask. 

We used the thermo suite everyday before dinner. Great way to rejuvenate from the day. 

Our cabin steward replenished our Elemis bath products all week. I didn’t really think they were that great but they came in a little bigger size than normal hotel stuff so that was nice.

I hope you enjoy your cabin and the cruise!

We are booked in a spa stateroom on the Breeze.  We chose Panorama deck because the balconies are covered.

I’ve stayed in spa cabins 3 times now and always took the slippers home, no charges. Same with the slippers in the Havana cabins. I assumed they were mine to keep, I couldn’t see them washing them for others to use!

• Like 2

We did our first Spa Balcony Cabin 2 years ago on Breeze.  Cabin 12024.

Really wished our balcony was covered.  Had some rain here and there and couldn't use our balcony during those times.  Not sure I would book on this deck again, for that reason.  We did enjoy the Thess pool and a few other features.

We were in room 12023 a couple years ago.  At times depending on time of day the balcony will be shaded naturally.  Also the weather on our cruise was more overcast so that played into it too. Part of the day was sunny....I enjoyed our balcony both ways.  We didn't notice people looking down on us from above levels. With the dividers between balconies it is also hard to see others beside you on their balconies.  We liked the location of our room which was very close to the elevators which made getting to spa area very easy, especially when wearing swim suits and robe.  Our friends were on level 2 and wore their robes all the way up to 14.....not as convenient! I would say the only negative to a balcony is not knowing who your neighbors will be until you are sailing away....hopefully they will be respectful individuals.

4 hours ago, Clarasgrandma said:

I would say the only negative to a balcony is not knowing who your neighbors will be until you are sailing away...

How would you know your neighbors in advance on any cabin, unless you are traveling together?

3 hours ago, coevan said:

How would you know your neighbors in advance on any cabin, unless you are traveling together?

This is true.  You don't know. For me, having a balcony and spending time trying to enjoy it can be impacted negatively if your neighbors are loud and obnoxious.  I haven't had any issues in other cabin types with my neighbors as we aren't sitting right next to each other.. When we had our balcony most of

the time was wonderful!

On 3/1/2019 at 11:13 PM, pirate4me2 said:

I’ve stayed in spa cabins 3 times now and always took the slippers home, no charges. Same with the slippers in the Havana cabins. I assumed they were mine to keep, I couldn’t see them washing them for others to use!

Our stewards in the spa cabins we have had told us to take them home. 

We did not get any slippers in our Havana Cabana cabin this January, but I really liked the Havana robes.  Cutting back on Havanas already?

On 3/1/2019 at 11:56 AM, elkaholic said:

Thanks in advance

I will be sailing on the Magic March 24th in a spa balcony cabin (11th deck). I will give you the REAL story you want to know. Have all your questions ready. 

Yes the slippers are yours to take home.

I will have an up to date video also!!! 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 2:46 PM, aaalynn1 said:

We are booked in May on the Horizon Spa deck.  Does anyone know if the Spa offers these specials on this ship?

Yes, the Horizon has them. We stayed in a spa cabin on her in January. While some of the ships, Magic included, have a Thalassotherapy pool the Horizon does not. It’s more of a large hot tub.