Owners Suite- Liberty of the Seas

We scored a great deal for our family of five and booked the Owners Suite for a Fall Break cruise. We've never stayed in a suite and I'm struggling to find what the suite perks are for this specific ship. Can anyone assist? 

I read somewhere free drinks in the suite lounge? Is that true? 

3 minutes ago, sarahkslp said:

Thank you! What does the concierge provide?

Virtually anything that Guest Services can do, plus reservations for specialty restaurants, excursions, spa, etc.

We were in an Owner's Suite on Liberty last May.  You also have the option of free breakfast (during limited hours) in Giovanni's, as well as free lunch there on sea days.  We enjoyed both.  And the reserved suite area seating for the shows, particularly the wonderful and very popular ice show, was great.

Pat

20 hours ago, vistapat said:

We were in an Owner's Suite on Liberty last May.  You also have the option of free breakfast (during limited hours) in Giovanni's, as well as free lunch there on sea days.  We enjoyed both.  And the reserved suite area seating for the shows, particularly the wonderful and very popular ice show, was great.

Pat

Thank you! We can't wait! Where is the reserved outdoor seating/pool deck?

Sarah ,I'm sorry.  That one I can't answer, since we don't often use the pools.  I have a very vague recollection of seeing it on an upper deck, overlooking the main pool deck, but I'm totally not sure.  Perhaps someone else can chime in on this one.

Pat

3 minutes ago, vistapat said:

Thank you for the help, Bob.  I really had no clear idea where it was.

Pat

Not much of a view of the pool deck from up there, unfortunately.

On 3/2/2019 at 11:53 AM, vistapat said:

Pat

Did you have the full Giovanni's lunch menu or was it a reduced one?

Did you take advantage of the MDR menu room service?

15 minutes ago, OSUZorba said:

The suite pool deck seating was moved awhile ago and is now the top two rows of the stepped area between deck 11 and 12. It is usually pretty empty.

That's good news, a much better location, though I think that would leave fewer spaces for suite guests than either the area above the Sky Bar, or the area normally assigned on Voyager class ships.

7 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

That's good news, a much better location, though I think that would leave fewer spaces for suite guests than either the area above the Sky Bar, or the area normally assigned on Voyager class ships.

It's on both sides of the pool bar, so I think it is probably about the same number of chairs. Less room to move around though.

11 minutes ago, OSUZorba said:

It's on both sides of the pool bar, so I think it is probably about the same number of chairs. Less room to move around though.

We were just on Adventure, where the suite area is the entire terraced section (not just the top two rows) on both sides of the pool bar.  It filled up on sunny days.  That's why I say it may not be enough.

3 hours ago, OSUZorba said:

Did you have the full Giovanni's lunch menu or was it a reduced one?

Did you take advantage of the MDR menu room service?

I've never eaten lunch in a specialty restaurant other that this cruise, so I'm not sure what constitutes a "full menu", but as I recall there were three or four appetizers and perhaps four entrees, and I don't recall about desserts.  We did not order from the MDR menu for room service, but we certainly could have.  BTW, there is a very nice dining table in the suite, not huge but very nice.  We ate breakfast there several times - no upcharge for a full breakfast.

Pat

2 hours ago, vistapat said:

I've never eaten lunch in a specialty restaurant other that this cruise, so I'm not sure what constitutes a "full menu", but as I recall there were three or four appetizers and perhaps four entrees, and I don't recall about desserts.  We did not order from the MDR menu for room service, but we certainly could have.  BTW, there is a very nice dining table in the suite, not huge but very nice.  We ate breakfast there several times - no upcharge for a full breakfast.

Pat

Thanks for the info. I am in a OS on Liberty for the first time in October. I am really looking forward to the MDR in room for lunch and breakfast. Do you have any idea if you could pre-order off the MDR menu for a specific delivery time? We like going to the gym in the morning on sea days and love the idea of getting a good breakfast delivered right after we get back to the cabin. 

I paid to do Giovanni's for lunch on our last Liberty cruise and would definitely do it again for free.

16 hours ago, OSUZorba said:

The suite pool deck seating was moved awhile ago and is now the top two rows of the stepped area between deck 11 and 12. It is usually pretty empty.

On the Adventure, it was useless to us as the seating was in full sun.  If Liberty the same- not great.  We really loved the suite deck on the Harmony, great- plenty of shade and sun seating and a hot tub.  Also "free" cabanas available on a first come first serve basis.  In addition to a nice bar.  The only negative is that the bartender on the suite deck of the Harmony, clearly didn't like his job- nasty and not at all helpful if you asked him a question.

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

On the Adventure, it was useless to us as the seating was in full sun.  If Liberty the same- not great.  We really loved the suite deck on the Harmony, great- plenty of shade and sun seating and a hot tub.  Also "free" cabanas available on a first come first serve basis.  In addition to a nice bar.  The only negative is that the bartender on the suite deck of the Harmony, clearly didn't like his job- nasty and not at all helpful if you asked him a question.

It is definitely full sun with the only benefit being a roped off row of chairs.