Italotreno fast speed tickets - how far out do they go on sale?

Moxiefurball

Trying to book the high speed train on Italotreno website from Venice to Rome  one way for June 12  , yet for past week they are onlying selling up to June 8.

anyone here with experience bookingnthe high speed trains with Italotreno or Trenitalia. Both not selling past June 8 as of today March 2.  

Edited by Moxiefurball
Spelling

• 2 weeks later...

Trenitalia has a twice-annual timetable adjustment in early June so ticketing for the weeks just after that adjustment is often not as far out.  Italotreno is a different company but they use the same tracks and the same stations as Trenitalia, so changes to the Trenitalia schedule will impact Italotreno.

2 hours ago, deadzone1003 said:

I believe they are on sale now.  Look at trainline.com where you can see the schedules of trains for both companies.

One of several problems with using third party sites like this is that they often post "assumed" schedules rather than actual ones, so they look like they information that they really don't.  Some sites go so far as to sell tickets on as yet non-existent trains, betting that the schedule won't change much, then if it does they simply refund your money.  By the time this happens you may have missed the opportunity to get the lower priced tickets available directly from the suppliers.

• Like 2

Ok thanks for all answers . Actually a website called www.loco2.com just this morning advised me that June 12 had opened up. So I went straight to Italotreno direct and booked my trip from Venice St Lucia to Roma Termini finally!!! Of course the rates after June 8 went up but not too bad.  Interestingly , only italotreno has opened up, not Trenitalia but italotreno seems to have lower prices anyway.