Celebrity Summit--entertainment options?

LibrarianBecky

Can anyone tell me about the entertainment options on Celebrity Summit?  My best friend and I are looking at taking a cruise together in October of this year.  We did a cruise two years ago on RC's Freedom of the Seas and had a wonderful time.  We are interested in doing Southern Caribbean, and have narrowed our options down to Celebrity Summit and RC Freedom of the Seas.  We plan to enjoy the ports--we like to explore.  We're 'sit in the sun and read' people on sea days.  Sometimes do trivia, have a drink in the evening, maybe watch a show--pretty low key. I've only been on one Celebrity cruise before, and it was about ten years ago, so I don't have a good feel for the kinds of entertainment they offer.  Does anyone know?

Thank you!

23 hours ago, LibrarianBecky said:

Can anyone tell me about the entertainment options on Celebrity Summit?  My best friend and I are looking at taking a cruise together in October of this year.  We did a cruise two years ago on RC's Freedom of the Seas and had a wonderful time.  We are interested in doing Southern Caribbean, and have narrowed our options down to Celebrity Summit and RC Freedom of the Seas.  We plan to enjoy the ports--we like to explore.  We're 'sit in the sun and read' people on sea days.  Sometimes do trivia, have a drink in the evening, maybe watch a show--pretty low key. I've only been on one Celebrity cruise before, and it was about ten years ago, so I don't have a good feel for the kinds of entertainment they offer.  Does anyone know?

Thank you!

I have been wondering the same thing.  What theater  shows do they perform currently?  Comedians? Do they perform "Family" shows as well as more adult shows?   We love the silent discos they do.  I'm hoping to do that again.  I am also wondering if they have a good cover band that we can dance to.  Any information would be appreciated.  

• 4 weeks later...

My husband and I did our first Celebrity cruise on the Summit last April and we are on the Summit again in a few weeks.  We had cruised Royal Caribbean and Carnival in the past.  While Celebrity doesn't have as many activities or entertainment options as some other cruise lines, we were never bored or looking for something to do.  There were lots of trivia and game show activities and lots of live music.  As someone mentioned already, the Silent Disco is a blast and they do that 2 times per week.  I did find the main shows in the theater in the evening to be just okay.  The comedians were good, the stage shows were just not my thing.  Hope that helps!

You sound exactly like my best friend and me! That is us exactly, and one of the reasons we love cruises: sitting on the beach or at the pool, some drinks, some entertainment, etc. We will be on our 2nd Summit cruise on April 6. To be frank, we were kind of bored on our first one (to Bermuda in 2013), but we have been trying to do this itinerary for several years. We had to switch to the Bermuda route in 2013 due to the death of my dad a week before our S Caribbean itinerary, and we switched to Myrtle Beach in 2017 due to her getting pregnant. We decided to try Summit again because of the perks we got, and the refurb. I will absolutely let you know how we like it, and what we do.

P.S. We did love the pool area and the Martini Bar when we were on her previously.

I haven't been on the Summit yet as the Equinox last November was my first Celebrity cruise, but from that I can say that there always seemed to be enough to do for hubby and I.  The silent disco was a ton of fun and the Cruise Director on the Equinox was amazing!  I'm hoping for someone that lively on the Summit, but even if not, there should be good live music, trivia, and dancing as well as the big production shows.  I found that it was really nice to be able to sit out at the main pool instead of using the Solarium (to avoid too many children).

My family is kind of the odd duck of cruising. We marginally like the pool and unless we are in the water snorkeling we do not like beaches. 🙂

we do love our fine dining though.

We also love theater and fine art performances