Anyone else anxiously awaiting their cabin assignment?

heathrj

I'm sailing on the Star on March 16th in a Sail Away balcony.  Only 13 days to go, but still no cabin assignment (to be fair, we only booked a few weeks ago).  I was hoping to have an assignment by now so that I could bid on a mini-suite if I didn't like the location, but no such luck.  Since the ship appears to be sold out, I would have thought that they'd be able to finalize cabin arrangements.  Anyone else out there checking the website every few hours?  I'm assuming it will show up in the 'Vacation Summary' section after "Stateroom" (right now it just says GTY BX)?  I know that theoretically we could have to wait until we get to the pier...but how often does that actually happen?!

If the ship is sold out, you cold be waiting until day of departure. 

There was actually another thread yesterday about someone having to wait in the terminal until departure time, waiting for a no show, before they were assigned a room. 

Good Luck, hopefully you'll get a room in the next couple of days. 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

If the ship is sold out, you cold be waiting until day of departure. 

There was actually another thread yesterday about someone having to wait in the terminal until departure time, waiting for a no show, before they were assigned a room. 

Good Luck, hopefully you'll get a room in the next couple of days. 

Please don't tell me that LOL.  I can resign myself to waiting until I get to the terminal, but I'd be having a nervous breakdown if we have to wait until departure time.  That's not common, is it?!  I thought I was "guaranteed" a cabin!

I'm also waiting on my cabin assignment but mine was due to NCL upgrading me for free from a balcony to a mini suite.  The only condition for the free upgrade was that it had to be a gty cabin but that was fine as I was told that it would be mid ship.  My cruise isn't until 4/27 so I do have a while but I still look every day. 

It's been  very frequent for me,  to only get my assignment day of the cruise.   I do late book.    The final bidding decisions aren't made until 48 hours prior to sailing,   so I wouldn't be surprised if it's that late.   

I am also waiting for my stateroom assignment for my Balcony guarantee, but not worried. We purchased inside guarantee, we received our cabin within a day however the price went down for Balcony guarantee, cheaper than what we paid for inside guarantee and we were able to upgrade for free to a Balcony guarantee...:-)......

I am on this sailing and booked as an OF GTY (not sailaway) back in January. I also have no assigned cabin yet. I did bid on upgrade to a balcony. Every other time I've booked a GTY cabin, I have recieved a cabin number by now. Needless to say I am also anxious. 

I received our cabin assignment today (12 days pre-cruise) - a midship balcony (9078).  It's a connecting room, so hopefully our neighbours aren't too loud...but overall I'm really happy with our assignment 🙂

• Like 1

Mine just showed up as well. I'm happy with it - I was assigned a midship picture window instead of a porthole window, and on deck 5 instead of deck 4. I'm still hoping for an upgrade via the bidding process to a balcony (never sailed with a balcony before). I can't complain though when I was given a slight upgrade for free!

• Like 1

And I did as well.  I am now on deck 14 but midship right by the elevator which is what I wanted.  They did give me a Family Mini Suite but it is just me in the cabin so have no idea why they did that.  I am on a TA so probably not a lot of families on my cruise.  Overall I am very happy with my cabin and did notice that the mini-suites for my cruise are now sold out.

• Like 1