Incredibly disappointed cococay

I'm sorry your missing your stop...but to be honest, I was just in CocoCay in December...and frankly, you aren't missing much.  I can wait until they build out.

I understand they always seem to change stuff around CocoCay because of weather, but they are also trying to get the new waterpark together.

I understand your disappointment...but try after everything is done...I bet you will enjoy it more.  Bon Voyage.

On 3/5/2019 at 11:07 AM, rshust said:

I would consider your self lucky that this happened!  Just came back from CoCo Cay on Saturday and had the worst time ever!  The construction was loud and noisy so no relaxing at all.  Plus the beaches were all covered in sand and algae from the dredging and construction operations.   The sand felt and looked more like wet play sand then the soft white sand you'd expect in the Bahamas.  

Heres the kicker, the lunch was purely salads, hotdogs, hamburgers, and a few deserts and the drink package barely works.  They only use hard plastic cups ($3.99 Surcharge) or a Pineapple ($8.99 Surcharge).  So we couldn't even enjoy that!

I am guessing you were on the Mariner Mar 1 sailing that was at Coco Cay on Saturday.  I was also on that sailing.  I did not find the beaches disappointing at all.  There were plenty of different beaches to choose from, all will available chairs and umbrellas.  I did snorkel at the beach just past the water park and the visibility was clear.  I also did not notice any construction noise.  In fact it seemed, to me at least, that the only work going on that day was on the pier itself.

I had the drink package and was able to get many drinks at no additional charge including those frozen slushies (from the machine) with added rum on top and also a few Rum and Cokes.

I did not try the lunch on the island.

My review notes are here about the key and mlife. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2642069-tr-mlife-free-cruise-the-key-mariner/

Personally I enjoyed coco cay but it certainly looked like they were preparing to work on the pier bridge which is likely the reason for the upcoming diverted itineraries.  And having said all that, if you can find a beach day at the new port stop that would be just as good.    While it was a nice and relaxing day, for me, I would enjoy any beach and not really seeing what is so special right now about coco cay that would cause disappointment to miss.

enjoy

Edited by sandystx
  • Like 1