Duty free alcohol purchase radiance of seas nz

Just trying to puzzle out how to purchase duty free alcohol, we leave from Sydney in march

know no duty free stores at terminal when we leave 

A) do we  scout duty free stores in Auckland ( understand we’d have to hand into boat on reboarding and take as we leave when we get back to,Sydney ) 

or B)  we purchase on board radiance ? I figure it too would be given back as we depart in Sydney after cruise

im not concerned about drinking it whilst on board, I understand that’s not a possibility 

Am wondering about prices duty free on board ROTS too

thanka for any info 

I have found it really depends on the spirit, some are sold as a good deal and others not so much once you take the currency conversion into account. Personally, I tend to buy from the local BWS or Dan Murphy's when the tipple I like is on sale as it is so much more convenient and sometimes works out cheaper than the duty free.

I don't think duty free alcohol in NZ is a great price, probably because small market, and I suspect all imported.

As for the ship, deals aren't as great as they used to be. If you had to choose one, I'd go with the ship, but probably not a huge saving unless you get lucky and they're trying to clear something at the time.

I agree with the other,duty free isn’t what it used to be.

You can buy duty free and take it on the ship,carry it on .And they store it and give it back to you the night before you get off.

The spirits on the ship seemed to be selling pretty well,so it must have been priced well. You can’t drink it on the ship,you will get the last day.

If you want a bottle to drink In your cabin,buy your self a gift. They have selection.

We normally fly and get duty free alcohol that way ( leave at airport and pick up,on way back in) . Agree that locally in Oz often Dan murphys and other outlets often have good buys but we often find duty free sell non local spirits ( eg contreau) at a good price. I have a few weeks to ponder. Thanks to all who replied 

Edited by noosa_blue150