Recommendations for Cabo Tours?

Scott Trilling

Hello everyone. My wife and I will be in Cabo in just over one week. Does anyone have a suggestion for a private tour or other activity for when we are there? We are in our mid to late 40's and enjoy just about anything. I would love to try something new. 

If it is your first time, I wouldn't bother with a tour. There is plenty to see just walking around. It's kind of obligatory to take a glass bottom water taxi over to El Arco. Otherwise, it depends on what you're into. There are plenty of places to eat, drink, shop, or get a cheap massage. For shopping, I forgo the mall and head to the side streets off the main drag. As for whales, it is hit or miss. We were there last year for several days this same time of year and saw more whales from our hotel than on our whale watching tour. You will have to weigh your interest level against your limited time in port. Keep an eye out for clusters of boats because that means there's a whale.

Edited by Cafabi
  • Like 2

On 3/7/2019 at 9:15 AM, Scott Trilling said:

Whales! That is an excellent suggestion. I will look into this, does anyone know of a tour provider? Thank you

We used Cabo Trek aka Cabo Whale Trek and were very pleased with them in spite of the scarcity of  whales mentioned above. That was out of their control and they offered to take us out again but we had seen enough. There was a marine biologist leading the tour, and the highlight was when she put a hydrophone in the water and we could hear the whales singing. Just go with realistic expectations as it is nearing the end of the season. You are unlikely to see the magnificent breaching shown in the advertising, but you will learn a lot and see some nice scenery and maybe if you're lucky see some spouts and/or tails.