So confused... which cabin do I choose?

Sersee

HI Guys,

I am a new cruiser. I am debating between RCCL and Carnival. I have kind of narrowed down my choice to Carnival Horizon or Magic. I know nothing except the ton of research I have been doing.  I am thinking Western or Easter Caribbean. The Horizon one I am thinking about goes to Ochos Rios, Cayman Islands and  Cozumel.  There is also a Magic that goes to half moon cay, Grand Turk and Amber Cove. 

I need two rooms. We have my husband and I , 2 daughters ( 22, 17) , my son (14) and my daughter's boyfriend (23).  We were thinking about putting the 4 in one room. My husband andI in another. I am liking the Havana Suites for my husband and I. I was considering putting the other room in a Havana suite as well so we can all be together?  Will my teens be ok there?  Should I choose Family Harbor instead? That seems like it's more for younger kids? 

What do you guys think is my best option cabin wise? I am so confused at this point.  TIA!

if your budget is wide open, book Havana area cabins. you'll have access to the Havana pool which is less crowded in the daytime than the rest fo the ship.

if you're seeking more value, then regular balconies will do just fine. 4 people in a cabin could be less expensive than 3 people in a cabin (with 2 cabins) but check your booking rate by doing a mock booking for a 2 and 4 in two cabins. 

depending on when you're booking for, that will determine how close each cabin will be to the other cabin. not all cabins sleep 3 or 4. people. pull up the ship's deck plans to see which rooms sleep 4, 3 and 2 people.

personally, because of your traveller's ages, i'd avoid Family Harbor (mostly younger kids and could be noisy with little ones around (jmo).

since your booking scenario is a little more complex and you're less experienced, you might want to book directly with Carnival and then transfer your booking to your preferred Agent.

ask away! you'll get mostly good feedback on CC. 

Edited by CA_Cruzing

1 hour ago, Sersee said:

Do I not want to do Havana suite because its aft? I was always told mid ship for first cruise?

Cannot go wrong in Havana rooms.  We have sailed in a Havana suite, check out my Horizon review for pics.  You will not regret it (the decision to go Havana).

Seems like a no-brainer to go with Havana suites if you have the budget.  Only caution is to pay attention to the location of the room you are picking if you worry about noise.  If it is near the bar, public spaces, or above or below venues, etc....

I'd pick that Western itinerary too unless you only want to visit the cruise line's own ports.