Symphony Abyss - closed toe shoes and/or sleeves?

OP here, reporting my experience.

i rode the Abyss today, wearing sandals and a short-sleeved t-shirt.  A woman wearing a tank top behind me in line was told she needed to change, and the attendant was nice enough to walk back to her right away instead of waiting for her to get to the front of the line.  There were several people wearing long sleeves or sweatshirts and one woman who carried a sweater and put it on just before riding.  But...

There have been some changes since I rode on the Harmony a couple of years ago.  This time I was told to cross my arms at the wrist when holding onto the strap, with palms facing up.  I found that position awkward and think it would have been better to have my palms facing down, because somehow I tipped over and wound up sliding with my forehead against the side of the slide.  I think I could have gotten my head away from the side more quickly with my hands in the other position.  Thank goodness my hair partially protected my forehead, as I ended up with just two spots, each about the size of a dime, where the skin was rubbed off.  

I’ll ride again the next time I sail on the Harmony or Symphony, but I am going to skip it tomorrow.

Just got off Symphony.  What an amazing ship!

For Abyss, need at least short sleeves.  Any shoes are fine.  Cannot have a purse or waist pouch or anything on you.  I wear glasses and just had to tuck them into the front of my shirt.

As for burns, first couple days we wore long sleeves/cardigan over shirt.  Then on last two days we just went in short sleeves and were fine.  Just hold your arms straight and arms folded (they show you) and lie back (but head up).  We had no issues.

Must say that I really love the Abyss.  So much fun!