What if daughter doesn’t cruise?

Emmabelle

I just booked two cabins for July 4th week, 3 people in one and 2 in the other.  Our daughter is booked into the 3 person cabin.  She’s not sure she’ll be able to come, but I put her into the booking anyways because I want to make sure there is a place for her.

She won’t know before the final payment is due whether she can go or not.  I’m not really worried about her cruise fare since it’s $179 plus tax.  I just don’t know what to do if she can’t go.

if it is before final payment, you can call carnival or your travel agent to remove her and then the booking will be repriced to the 2 person rate

sometimes, it might be better to leave the booking alone and have her as a no show at check in. you will get back the port taxes

• Like 4

Do you think Carnival would charge a higher fare for the first two people in the cabin when they reprice it?

I also wanted to keep the cabin I have because it’s connecting to my son’s cabin with his fiancé.

I think I'll just have her be a no show if she doesn't come.  My current cabin sleeps 3 so I don't want them to move me somewhere else to a cabin for 2.

So I just tell them when we're checking in at the port that she couldn't make it?

• Like 1

You get back port fees and taxes and prepaid gratuities so your are only eating the $179 dollars. I have had two people no show for a 4 person room before because I didn't want to give up the " bowling alley " giant balcony on the Miracle.

Edited by n6uqqq
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

You get back port fees and taxes and prepaid gratuities so your are only eating the $179 dollars. I have had two people no show for a 4 person room before because I didn't want to give up the " bowling alley " giant balcony on the Miracle.

If it's the same as the pride I'm guessing 6232?

On a cruise I labelled as a breakup cruise (long long story) My children's mother refused to go and I just had her as a noshow so we didn't lose the balcony. That thing was massive and we joked we could play football out there. When I called my pvp about options he said if she was removed Carnival could move us. Luckily it was past final payment so I was eating the fare anyways so I wasn't tempted. Waste was about $500 but  SMALL price to pay for peace and quiet for a week with just my kiddos!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BBigfoot613 said:

If it's the same as the pride I'm guessing 6232?

On a cruise I labelled as a breakup cruise (long long story) My children's mother refused to go and I just had her as a noshow so we didn't lose the balcony. That thing was massive and we joked we could play football out there. When I called my pvp about options he said if she was removed Carnival could move us. Luckily it was past final payment so I was eating the fare anyways so I wasn't tempted. Waste was about $500 but  SMALL price to pay for peace and quiet for a week with just my kiddos!

Bingo! It was room 6232 a favorite of mine. I have it on the Legend for Alaska along with 6234 and then again on the Miracle for Nov this year.

Edited by n6uqqq

5 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

Bingo! It was room 6232 a favorite of mine. I have it on the Legend for Alaska along with 6234 and then again on the Miracle for Nov this year.

Wow I couldn't imagine Alaska with that balcony! Personally it's a toss up between that one and 8435 on triumph/victory for me as a favorite. 6232 is bigger but 8435 is aft and wider than standard aft.