Quantum sailing from Singapore

We've just booked a 9 night cruise on Quantum from Singapore in Feb 2020.

I see that Quantum is having a drydock at the end of this year but can't find out much about it. Does anyone know what is being done?

We've never done a cruise in this part of the world before (have visited on land trips), I'm guessing that the 'feel' of the ship will be quite different sailing from Singapore than the current Shanghai itineraries which seem to get poor reviews from Western guests.

For those that have sailed from Singapore, will we notice a big difference from our usual European/US cruises? Is the entertainment very different? Do they still have formal nights and do people dress up?

I'm sure I'll have many more questions as the cruise gets nearer too. 

Thanks,

Julie

3 minutes ago, kernow said:

I see that Quantum is having a drydock at the end of this year but can't find out much about it. Does anyone know what is being done?

Don't believe anything has been detailed, maybe closer to the dry dock.

Compared to cruises departing from Hong Kong or mainland China you could end up with a more diverse crowd, which would still mainly be Australians, Indian's and a handfull of Americans and Australians. However most cruises out of Singapore will probably also see between 80 to 95% Chinese / Singaporeans, which was what we experienced some years back on Mariner. A major change to other cruises was, that the Open Decks / Pool was completely empty on a Sea Day although we had great weather. Hence, much less or no live entertainment at the Pool deck. The shopping venues are much more high end on the ships based in Asia, hence almost no low quality sales of some useles "Invicta" or "Pandora" style bracelets. Shows etc will probably be a mix of the usual to a bit more adjusted to the local crowds. Same goes for the food, you will find the usual choices in Windjammer with a larger selection of asian / stir fry selections. Concerning the MTD, Quantum currenty as the only ship in the fleet offers the "Dynamic Dining Concept that was originally introduced to the Quantum Class but was abolished following lots of criticism. Hence I don't know what for concerpt will be applied to Quantum following the dry Dock and it's replacement of the Voyager Class in Singapore.

Concerning the Dry Dock, I doubt any major changes can be expected given that the ship will only be 5 years old and up to the newest standards, except for adding of further cabins where RCCL found a few inches of space and maybe adding / replacing some venues with Bamboo Room, Hooked Sea Food etc, if at all

• Like 1