NCL Breakaway July 4th Kids Club Capacity

nt13

We are planning to take the NCL Breakaway from Miami the week of July 4th for a 7 night Caribbean itinerary.  I have read some reviews of holiday sailings at Thanksgiving that said Splash Academy was at capacity every night and kids could not get in. 

My kids love Splash Academy and I am wondering if this might be a problem on our cruise since it is a holiday week?  We have been on the Getaway at full capacity, but it was a Baltic cruise so fewer kids.  Should I be worried this time of year?  Or is this an issue that has been fixed on NCL ships? 

Any advice is appreciated!

We have sailed on RCI ships over Thanksgiving when the kids club reaches capacity.  When this occurred, no new kids were allowed in until another child was checked out.  But, it only happened once or twice during the cruise.  We were told that the limits are based on room capacity and number of councilors on board - they needed to keep with a specific child to councilor ratio.  I am sure NCL has similar policies and restrictions, but overall, I would not worry that much about it.  If it was a more serious problem, I think we would hear a lot more complaints than we do.  

• Thanks 1

sorry - can't help. If no one here can help, maybe try the NCL board.  My guess (and I could be totally wrong here) is that this might be  less of an issue over the summer than Thanksgiving/Xmas.  The kids are off school all summer, so there is less of a need for families to all cluster together on one specific week.  I'm not sure everyone gets the 4th of July off work (I'm a professor, and school is normally out at that time for us anyway).  Best of luck to you.  

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

It will be fine...they will adjust the counselors based on age groups.  No worries!

Cruise lines absolutely do adjust the number of counselors, but each kids club room has an absolute limit since it would be a fire hazard to have too many kids at once.  I’ve read on the Disney boards that some families have been unable to book reservations even when there is room on the ship because the cruise has hit its limit for children in their kids age bracket,  since disney never wants to close their kids club.  It has been very rarely reported here that the kids clubs were overcrowded on other lines and children have been turned away.  I believe this is highly unlikely over the 4th of July, but it might be possible. 

Edited by kitkat343
  • Thanks 1