Check-in doesn’t ask for departure information

cft8

I recently did my check-in for my upcoming cruise on Anthem. I noticed the new form (new to me, anway; I last sailed in August) doesn’t ask for any departure information. In the past I thought they asked for it so they could assign you to a departure group based on your plans (e.g. flight time) - I’ve had late flights or just been driving and have always gotten one of the later groups. 

Do they now ask for this on board? Or, do you just need to wait and see what group you get and then have to deal with going to Guest Services to switch? 

54 minutes ago, cft8 said:

I recently did my check-in for my upcoming cruise on Anthem. I noticed the new form (new to me, anway; I last sailed in August) doesn’t ask for any departure information. In the past I thought they asked for it so they could assign you to a departure group based on your plans (e.g. flight time) - I’ve had late flights or just been driving and have always gotten one of the later groups.  ...

That was removed with the most recent website improvement.

The inconsistently is amusing.  This afternoon I just booked a cruise for May of this year.  After getting confirmation of the booking, I went the through "checkin" process.  Part of the process was the normal when you will be arriving and how.  Then later in the process they asked you when you will be departing and how.  This was flagged as "NEW". 

8 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

Did they also remove the uploading your picture part too? I don't see it on my next cruise.

That ability is not yet universal across the fleet.

13 hours ago, cft8 said:

I recently did my check-in for my upcoming cruise on Anthem. I noticed the new form (new to me, anway; I last sailed in August) doesn’t ask for any departure information. In the past I thought they asked for it so they could assign you to a departure group based on your plans (e.g. flight time) - I’ve had late flights or just been driving and have always gotten one of the later groups. 

Do they now ask for this on board? Or, do you just need to wait and see what group you get and then have to deal with going to Guest Services to switch? 

We always carry our own cases off the ship so the departure tags are irrelevant.

In the past before we decided to self disembark I have gone to GS to change tags if an earlier or later time was required by us.