Bringing more wine on board

You can but sometimes they will confiscate it upon return from port when you go through the scanners and sometimes not. It's not a guarantee it will make it to your cabin. They may tag it and make you pick it up the last night.

• Like 1

Just now, Acheavacci said:

Is the limit of 12 cans per person still apply?  What about bottles of water?

You can never bring on bottles of anything (with the obvious exception of the wine at initial embarkation and they will normally turn a blind eye to a single water bottle coming back on at ports).  It is still 12 cans per person at port stops, but you can carry on at every port stop.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, elcuchio24 said:

throw a couple extra cheap bottles in your checked luggage. If they take them, who cares. We usually do that, and they always get through. 

Please don't do this!!! 

I have personally seen luggage ruined by a smuggler's busted wine bottle.  Those checked suitcases are slammed around during the loading process.  Red wine had seeped out of the smuggler's bag and onto/into innocent fellow travelers' bags as well.  It has also happened with smuggled liquor as well.  This is a selfish, reckless thing to do and to recommend that others do.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Please don't do this!!! 

I have personally seen luggage ruined by a smuggler's busted wine bottle.  Those checked suitcases are slammed around during the loading process.  Red wine had seeped out of the smuggler's bag and onto/into innocent fellow travelers' bags as well.  It has also happened with smuggled liquor as well.  This is a selfish, reckless thing to do and to recommend that others do.

HAHAHAHA. Hahaha. Ha. Ha. Gold.  Just an FYI, we always use wine skins, for cruise and air travel. Never had a bottle break. Appreciate the epic overreaction though. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

HAHAHAHA. Hahaha. Ha. Ha. Gold.  Just an FYI, we always use wine skins, for cruise and air travel. Never had a bottle break. Appreciate the epic overreaction though. 

Right.  "Epic overreaction", that's some impressive exaggeration you got going on there, yourself.:classic_rolleyes: 

So those "couple extra cheap bottles" of which your reaction to them being taken is "who cares" are each protected by wine skins?  Here's an idea: why not follow the rules, combine the money that you spend on cheap bottles to smuggle and the wine skins, and just buy your extra wine onboard?  Oh, that's right -  because the rules don't apply to you.  And it's all about you. There's a word for that.

I didn't happen to see you attempt to mitigate the recklessness of the suggestion you made with any recommendation to protect the bottle from breakage in your post to which I replied:

"throw a couple extra cheap bottles in your checked luggage. If they take them, who cares. We usually do that, and they always get through." 

But I'm sure this will be lost on you.  So carry on doing your own selfish, dishonest thing.  Because, after all, it's your vacation.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Right.  "Epic overreaction", that's some impressive exaggeration you got going on there, yourself.:classic_rolleyes: 

So those "couple extra cheap bottles" of which your reaction to them being taken is "who cares" are each protected by wine skins?  Here's an idea: why not follow the rules, combine the money that you spend on cheap bottles to smuggle and the wine skins, and just buy your extra wine onboard?  Oh, that's right -  because the rules don't apply to you.  And it's all about you. There's a word for that.

I didn't happen to see you attempt to mitigate the recklessness of the suggestion you made with any recommendation to protect the bottle from breakage in your post to which I replied:

"throw a couple extra cheap bottles in your checked luggage. If they take them, who cares. We usually do that, and they always get through." 

But I'm sure this will be lost on you.  So carry on doing your own selfish, dishonest thing.  Because, after all, it's your vacation.

Yes, I am a criminal mastermind. Pure unadulterated evil!Just for the record, if this is such an issue why do airlines allow you to put wine in your luggage? We just came back from Italy a few months ago, I bet half the bags had wine in them: no issues.   So if you want to play the old 'smugglers are criminals' I could care less. Your 'leaking' argument is ridiculous though. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, elcuchio24 said:

Yes, I am a criminal mastermind. Pure unadulterated evil!Just for the record, if this is such an issue why do airlines allow you to put wine in your luggage? We just came back from Italy a few months ago, I bet half the bags had wine in them: no issues.   So if you want to play the old 'smugglers are criminals' I could care less. Your 'leaking' argument is ridiculous though. 

You are a hyperbole mastermind, any way.  Any way, no surprise with your tack here.  I expected as much.  So, as I said, you keep doing selfish you.:classic_wink:

For everyone else, might I make my own suggestion inspired by and related to elcuchio24's suggestion:

Pack your belongings inside plastic bags in your luggage.  It won't save your suitcase from getting soaked with the wine or booze of an entitled cheapskate smuggler, but it can save your clothing and other possessions.  Happy sails!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShakyBeef said:

You are a hyperbole mastermind, any way.  Any way, no surprise with your tack here.  I expected as much.  So, as I said, you keep doing selfish you.:classic_wink:

For everyone else, might I make my own suggestion inspired by and related to elcuchio24's suggestion:

Pack your belongings inside plastic bags in your luggage.  It won't save your suitcase from getting soaked with the wine or booze of an entitled cheapskate smuggler, but it can save your clothing and other possessions.  Happy sails!

Make sure to do so when you fly as well! Buy stock in a plastic bag company. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elcuchio24 said:

I also use the wine sleeves and no problems!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

We are sailing on the Breeze out of Port Canaveral.  I know we can bring on a bottle of wine at that port but we are stopping in San Juan as a port of call.  Can I buy another bottle of wine and bring it on there?  Thanks.

You can bring it on the ship, but they will take it away until the end of your cruise.  HAL used to let you bring more wine on board at each port.  Not sure if they still do that.

What about bringing a bottle on in San Juan (embarkation port), leaving the ship and returning later with another bottle of wine.  Do they keep tabs on whether you brought one on already?  (Assuming you can leave the ship if it doesn't depart until later in the evening.)

10 hours ago, MarcJ55 said:

What about bringing a bottle on in San Juan (embarkation port), leaving the ship and returning later with another bottle of wine.  Do they keep tabs on whether you brought one on already?  (Assuming you can leave the ship if it doesn't depart until later in the evening.)

The Fascination is 1 exception to the rule. Once you embark the ship, you can debark the ship, go back to Walgreen, buy more wine, go back to the ship, rinse and repeat. 

4 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

The Fascination is 1 exception to the rule. Once you embark the ship, you can debark the ship, go back to Walgreen, buy more wine, go back to the ship, rinse and repeat. 

Just for clarification:  the Fascination is the exception for which this scheme works, or the exception for which it doesn't work?  I'm on the Fascination soon so I just want to clarify.  

Thanks!

Just now, MarcJ55 said:

Just for clarification:  the Fascination is the exception for which this scheme works, or the exception for which it doesn't work?  I'm on the Fascination soon so I just want to clarify.  

Thanks!

You can take multiple bottles of wine on. While you can only take 1 bottle pp when you embark, once you embark the ship, drop your wine off, go back across the street, buy more, go back to the ship, drop your second bottle off, go back across the street, get more, go back tot he ship, drop your third bottle off, etc etc.

• Like 2