sending postcards

I would love to send postcards to my grand children from the different ports we will go to on our Panama Canal trip, but not sure how to do this. I don't want to search the port for a post office to buy stamps and send the postcards. Any suggestions? A very old topic said that you could buy stamps for the different countries at the purser's desk. Anyone know if this is true? Do countries have post office boxes around the port to mail from? I am sure I can buy postcards right off the ship, just not sure what to do about the postage and mailing it.

2 minutes ago, Astromaid said:

I am sure I can buy postcards right off the ship, just not sure what to do about the postage and mailing it.

Buy them and write on the cards as you go (at each port), but mail them from one location toward the end or even when you first get back.

2 hours ago, Astromaid said:

I would love to send postcards to my grand children from the different ports we will go to on our Panama Canal trip, but not sure how to do this. I don't want to search the port for a post office to buy stamps and send the postcards. Any suggestions? A very old topic said that you could buy stamps for the different countries at the purser's desk. Anyone know if this is true? Do countries have post office boxes around the port to mail from? I am sure I can buy postcards right off the ship, just not sure what to do about the postage and mailing it.

Check with Guest Services, they may have an option to mail letters for you at various ports.

I tried this without much success!  Some never made it and others took weeks. I did mail at guest services after buying stamps there.  

I now now buy postcards and write them and mail from US with US postage to out of state friends/grandkids.  Locally I hand deliver postcard with a small gift - trinket type stuff like bracelets, T-shirt, foreign candy bar, etc.