Vista Cloud 9?

If you have it, looking for your experience with the Cloud 9 Spa on the Vista (specifically the thermal suites and  therapy pool).  We've experienced the Splendor, Dream and Magic Cloud 9, all great with Splendor probably our favorite.  I've heard the Vista spa is a bit different, but not much in terms of details.  Really appreciate any insight!

Cheers!

Sailed on the Vista 2 years ago in a Cloud 9 Interior room so spa access was included. My wife and i enjoyed the spa access, especially the heated chairs and steam rooms. The therapy pool is little more than a hot tub, it is NOT a thalasotherapy pool.

While we enjoyed the access and if possible to we would stay in a cloud 9 room again. If you plan on cruising in a different room and purchasing access you may find it is not worth it to you. We did not purchase any additional spa services so i cannot comment on that aspect.

• 2 weeks later...

When we sailed on the Carnival Glory, the dry sauna and steam sauna was included in the cruise fare.  I see that if we want to use the heated chairs and steam rooms on the Vista, we will need to buy a pass.  My question is -- Do they have a steam room/dry sauna that is separate from that special spa area, like in the ladies/mens locker areas that is free or included in the cruise fare?  Thanks!

We just sailed the Vista and the Thermal Suite area was  one of our biggest disappointments.  We bought the couples spa pass and going in we knew from the reviews that it was not as good as we are used to on the Breeze and Dream but figured we would try it on our fist Vista sailing.  The T-pool was very small and shallow, there are 4 types of sauna, steam rooms, etc. that were hardly ever working properly.  We finally asked at the front desk and were told when people push the red emergency shut off button in each room it resets them and then they take a while to come back up to temperature.  I said well you need to have a better sign by them saying what they are for as I'm sure people repeatedly hit them thinking it would make the room steam instead of resetting the room.  The heated loungers were good but always full when we went.  We normally use the Thermal Suite area daily and really look forward to it and after trying it 3 times we gave up.  I would be very disappointed if I had booked a spa suite.   I think there was a free to use dry sauna in the mens and womens changing rooms.

I haven't been on the Splendor but I have cruised in spa cabins on the Breeze, Magic (2) and Vista (2).  The Vista's t-pool is half the size of those on the Dream class ships and is in the same area as the heated loungers.  There is only one room with the loungers and they tend to get taken fairly quickly (between 8 and 12).  We would go to the spa after returning from onshore and the loungers were all taken.  We would soak in the t-pool and wait for loungers to become available, which they always did.  They do have at least 3 different rooms for heat therapy - wet and dry saunas and another type of room (sorry, I don't remember).  They also have the nice shower but that, too, is in the same room as the loungers and t-pool so it's more for rinsing off and not to use in the changing room.  If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 2:15 PM, 19cruiser59 said:

Sailed on the Vista 2 years ago in a Cloud 9 Interior room so spa access was included. My wife and i enjoyed the spa access, especially the heated chairs and steam rooms. The therapy pool is little more than a hot tub, it is NOT a thalasotherapy pool.

While we enjoyed the access and if possible to we would stay in a cloud 9 room again. If you plan on cruising in a different room and purchasing access you may find it is not worth it to you. We did not purchase any additional spa services so i cannot comment on that aspect.

On our sailing we had a Spa balcony.  Thought it was a bit smaller than on the Dream or Breeze.  Comparison with another couple who had a regular balcony cabin seemed to confirm this, at least in our perception. 

There are limited number of heated loungers (5 or 6 maybe), always filled, a small hot tub (the water looked dirty to me), always crowded, steam rooms, and a rest/waiting area that made the one on the Breeze look like a MacMansion living space.

The men's locker room was worse than any I've seen on any Carnival ship.  Even older ships like the Liberty or Legend have better gym shower facilities.

And I will add, not much difference on the Horizon.  Spas on both Vista and Horizon are seemingly afterthoughts with push to make extra $$ and sell products, and add more cabins.  Just my opine.

On 3/8/2019 at 11:45 AM, Scooter McGavin said:

If you have it, looking for your experience with the Cloud 9 Spa on the Vista (specifically the thermal suites and  therapy pool).  We've experienced the Splendor, Dream and Magic Cloud 9, all great with Splendor probably our favorite.  I've heard the Vista spa is a bit different, but not much in terms of details.  Really appreciate any insight!

Cheers!

We're on Vista in April and I do not anticipate that Spa can surpass Splendor, mainly because of the T-pool, which was just heavenly.  That was one reason we did not book a Spa category room on Vista.  Totally looking forward to my Panorama cruise next year due to to T-pool.  

20 hours ago, CruiseMomTX said:

We just sailed the Vista and the Thermal Suite area was  one of our biggest disappointments.  We bought the couples spa pass and going in we knew from the reviews that it was not as good as we are used to on the Breeze and Dream but figured we would try it on our fist Vista sailing.  The T-pool was very small and shallow, there are 4 types of sauna, steam rooms, etc. that were hardly ever working properly.  We finally asked at the front desk and were told when people push the red emergency shut off button in each room it resets them and then they take a while to come back up to temperature.  I said well you need to have a better sign by them saying what they are for as I'm sure people repeatedly hit them thinking it would make the room steam instead of resetting the room.  The heated loungers were good but always full when we went.  We normally use the Thermal Suite area daily and really look forward to it and after trying it 3 times we gave up.  I would be very disappointed if I had booked a spa suite.   I think there was a free to use dry sauna in the mens and womens changing rooms.

I didn't know Vista had a t-pool.  They specifically say they do not on their site if you research ships.  Interesting to know. 

26 minutes ago, LuckyStar said:

We're on Vista in April and I do not anticipate that Spa can surpass Splendor, mainly because of the T-pool, which was just heavenly.  That was one reason we did not book a Spa category room on Vista.  Totally looking forward to my Panorama cruise next year due to to T-pool.  

Panorama will not have a Thalassotherapy Pool. On the bright side, Mardi Gras is supposed to have one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuckyStar said:

I didn't know Vista had a t-pool.  They specifically say they do not on their site if you research ships.  Interesting to know. 

You know I actually forgot to ask at the desk if it had the minerals in it or not.  Either way it wasn't worth it for us.  Sad the Vista replaced the Breeze we loved their thermal suite area!

48 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Panorama will not have a Thalassotherapy Pool. On the bright side, Mardi Gras is supposed to have one. 

Well, I did not research as thoroughly as I thought.  It will be fine though.  My son liked this ship, lots of fun stuff for an 18 yo boy to do.  🙂

I need to check out the Mardi Gras then for our next girls cruise. Thanks!