Dragon's Tail Coaster

How long did you wait in line for the Dragon's Tail Coaster?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Average wait time

• 5 minutes or less
    • 10 to 15 minutes
    • 15 to 30 minutes
    • 30 minutes or longer

19 minutes ago, Mr. Candyman said:

Do they give you a ride bracelet or some type of handstamp?  I'm just trying to see if the purchaser has a way of sharing the ride without physically having to go every time.  

We had bracelets in October.  You have to choose the person you want to share with when you get the bracelet and sign the waivers.  We bought 2 all-day passes and there were 6 of us hoping to ride  We figured we would be able to mix and match passengers with drivers, but that wasn't the case.  So my son was with my husband, my sister was with me, and my parents elected to not go since we would have had to get another pass.  The first time we rode, the guys operating the ride said my sister could drive if she wanted on our second run.  When we got back in line for the second run, someone else was running it and they questioned us when my sister got in the driver's seat.  We told them what we were told and then they were fine.  But it does seem there is a "driver" wristband and a "passenger" wristband.  So a very long-winded way to say "no, I think the purchased, or driver, always has to go". :)  It really was a lot of fun though!

On 3/11/2019 at 11:15 AM, carnival03 said:

Good to know, thank you! Unfortunately, I noticed that the all day pass is now sold out in the Cruise Planner... I didn't realize it was one of those items that sold out. So I guess I'll go with the single ride pass unless more open back up. 😕

It's been a few years but we were able to upgrade our single pass to the all day pass at the ride - and we didn't have to rewatch the safety video when we kept getting back in line.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jenf22 said:

We had bracelets in October.  You have to choose the person you want to share with when you get the bracelet and sign the waivers.  We bought 2 all-day passes and there were 6 of us hoping to ride  We figured we would be able to mix and match passengers with drivers, but that wasn't the case.  So my son was with my husband, my sister was with me, and my parents elected to not go since we would have had to get another pass.  The first time we rode, the guys operating the ride said my sister could drive if she wanted on our second run.  When we got back in line for the second run, someone else was running it and they questioned us when my sister got in the driver's seat.  We told them what we were told and then they were fine.  But it does seem there is a "driver" wristband and a "passenger" wristband.  So a very long-winded way to say "no, I think the purchased, or driver, always has to go". 🙂 It really was a lot of fun though!

Thanks…there are 6 of us as well and that's exactly the information I was looking for.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:53 PM, Lionesss said:

Well Labadee is on Island time, nothing moves fast it is like it is a time warp. The locals work at their pace, and the ride only can handle its set pace.

Yea you might get lucky and get to ride the coaster with minimal lines ahead of you, but there is still a wait.

The workers make you re-watch the safety video, and you have to wait in your individual car till the car ahead of you almost reaches the top of the mountain.

The all-day pass is usually only a few dollars more. In all, we rode it 9-10 times. There was never a wait of more than 2 minutes. Granted, we were the only ship in port that day... Also, the attendants never made us watch the video after the first ride. It took longer to walk from the exit of the ride to the entrance to ride again (about 30 seconds) than it did to get on the ride and enjoy it all over again.

With multiple rides, you can have multiple experiences... Ride to the top, and slowly make your way down the track... Ride to the top and use no brakes on the way down... For the extra $4, we go our money's worth on the coaster!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Candyman said:

Do they give you a ride bracelet or some type of handstamp?  I'm just trying to see if the purchaser has a way of sharing the ride without physically having to go every time.  

If you are the all day driver, they give you an all day driver band.  You have to be on the sled every time to take someone else as passenger.  When my son was 9, i rode the coaster with him 34 times in one day.  If you are going to do the coaster many times, i recommend bringing a beach towel or two to sit on while riding.   The seats are hard plastic and this will soften the jolts.  Enjoy your ride on the dragons tail coaster! 

1 hour ago, frank808 said:

If you are the all day driver, they give you an all day driver band.  You have to be on the sled every time to take someone else as passenger.  When my son was 9, i rode the coaster with him 34 times in one day.  If you are going to do the coaster many times, i recommend bringing a beach towel or two to sit on while riding.   The seats are hard plastic and this will soften the jolts.  Enjoy your ride on the dragons tail coaster! 

Prior to the responses, my initial thought was to have either my wife or myself be the person taking everyone else for a ride. I wasn't sure which of the kids would be daring enough to go on it so didn't want to waste money buying several passes that would not be used.  I figured the most economic way would have been to buy one so I'll have to rethink it.