Dragon's Tail Coaster

How long did you wait in line for the Dragon's Tail Coaster?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Average wait time

• 5 minutes or less
    • 10 to 15 minutes
    • 15 to 30 minutes
    • 30 minutes or longer

I'm debating on purchasing a single ride or the day pass. Curious to see how long others have waited in line for their ride. *I asked this in the private islands forum, but only received two responses. 

Edited by carnival03

7 minutes ago, Cantwait4mycruise said:

I also have a question abt the coaster... is it true that if my husband buys a ticket, I can ride along with him without a ticket? We would rather ride together and I think I read somewhere that we wouldn't both need a ticket for that. Thanks!

Yep, that's correct! Although I've never been, the website says you're allowed one person in your cart for free.

Just a heads up

The coaster is a lot of fun, and we have done it on multiple visits to Labadee.

We usually just buy a one ride pass, why?

Well Labadee is on Island time, nothing moves fast it is like it is a time warp. The locals work at their pace, and the ride only can handle its set pace.

Yea you might get lucky and get to ride the coaster with minimal lines ahead of you, but there is still a wait.

The workers make you re-watch the safety video, and you have to wait in your individual car till the car ahead of you almost reaches the top of the mountain.

Then you are pulled up via the cable, clankity clank clank....takes about 90 sec.

Then you control your destiny on the way down, the views are phenomenal, especially seeing the ship, breathless view.

Watch the you tube videos, and you will see what I mean.

Then when you get off of the ride and if you have a multiple ride pass, get back in line and wait for it to happen again.

Yes the ride is worth it, but I do not feel the all day pass is..............

Go figure, hot sun, only shade close to the ride, did I say hot sun?

We grabbed water from the lunch buffet area, and took it with us when we waited.

Enjoy, we did

Be safe.

11 hours ago, carnival03 said:

I'm debating on purchasing a single ride or the day pass. Curious to see how long others have waited in line for their ride. *I asked this in the private islands forum, but only received two responses. 

For the difference in price, I'd recommend getting the day pass, providing the right sale is going on. When I bought it, it was only a difference of a few dollars from the one time vice the all day pass.  Well worth going on it a couple times. If given the opportunity.

8E3E0D5A-4C3C-42DA-959C-79D7AB56E4BB_zps

764A16AF-3538-4779-855B-96CCCAD027B4_zps

02BC9976-3C17-4E3B-8C8B-A4B9EC6FF036_zps

086FFB92-E20F-4AE6-A6D7-172D5BC56C85_zps

F4460687-E5DF-4278-83B9-A67B65F3E0DE_zps

B946A73F-9E5D-43F7-AF5A-14C302E93C91_zps

Edited by MrFunInTheSun
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Just a heads up

Well Labadee is on Island time, nothing moves fast it is like it is a time warp. The locals work at their pace, and the ride only can handle its set pace.

Yea you might get lucky and get to ride the coaster with minimal lines ahead of you, but there is still a wait.

The workers make you re-watch the safety video, and you have to wait in your individual car till the car ahead of you almost reaches the top of the mountain.

Then you are pulled up via the cable, clankity clank clank....takes about 90 sec.

Then you control your destiny on the way down, the views are phenomenal, especially seeing the ship, breathless view.

Then when you get off of the ride and if you have a multiple ride pass, get back in line and wait for it to happen again.

We grabbed water from the lunch buffet area, and took it with us when we waited.

Enjoy, we did

Be safe.

My first cruise to Labadee 30+ yrs ago was very Rustic, No Pier, limited shade. Ship used own Tenders. Stop had no toys/rides/jet skis, no one selling anything, and no Buildings except for Restroom and a couple 200+ yr old ruins. Even had a local sitting on a Surf Board doing Shark Watch. The lunch was real Barbecue, cooked on a charcoal grill serving Hamburgs, Hot Dogs, bagged chips and no Fountain Drinks with either Kool-Aid or Pop/Beer served in can. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

20 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Just a heads up

Enjoy, we did

Be safe.

Thank you, I appreciate your insight. You have valid points, I feel rewatching the safety video every time would be annoying.

20 hours ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

For the difference in price, I'd recommend getting the day pass, providing the right sale is going on. When I bought it, it was only a difference of a few dollars from the one time vice the all day pass.  Well worth going on it a couple times. If given the opportunity.

7 hours ago, candlegirl said:

I recommend getting the all access online pre trip.  We paid $30 and rode 10 times throughout the day without waiting.  People who were buying single ride that day were paying $27 for one ride.

Thank you both. With the small price difference, this is probably the way I'll go, just wanted to gather thoughts 🙂

3 hours ago, carnival03 said:

Thank you, I appreciate your insight. You have valid points, I feel rewatching the safety video every time would be annoying.

We did not have to watch the safety video every time.  They actually let us go in front of single riders who had to watch the video.

11 hours ago, candlegirl said:

We did not have to watch the safety video every time.  They actually let us go in front of single riders who had to watch the video.

Good to know, thank you! Unfortunately, I noticed that the all day pass is now sold out in the Cruise Planner... I didn't realize it was one of those items that sold out. So I guess I'll go with the single ride pass unless more open back up. 😕

This is also already sold out on our cruise planner for the all day pass.  Is this something that they might have available again once onboard?  Maybe a better question to ask, will my kids see this if we are spending the day at Columbus Cove and want to ride it?  

110% get the day pass. My son and I rode it 16 times each with our own passes.

In most cases there was not a wait, we could get off and get back on another car...might just have to wait to get pulled to the top as there were a few already in cars ahead of us...if there were others coming up behind us we would let them go ahead of us...we didn't want others to have to wait because we had already been riding.

I think its a pretty good value for an "excursion" considering how many times you can go if you want. We did the Zip line too which was cool but kinda pricey for a one time deal.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, traveler1980 said:

This is also already sold out on our cruise planner for the all day pass.  Is this something that they might have available again once onboard?  Maybe a better question to ask, will my kids see this if we are spending the day at Columbus Cove and want to ride it?  

Go to the excursion desk on the ship when it opens...we had to do that on one cruise because we needed an additional all day pass that was sold out online and they were able to accommodate us...Good Luck.

59 minutes ago, E23NK1 said:

Go to the excursion desk on the ship when it opens...we had to do that on one cruise because we needed an additional all day pass that was sold out online and they were able to accommodate us...Good Luck.

Do you remember what you paid onboard for the all day pass? I'm hoping it will come available again in the Cruise Planner so we can get the "pre-cruise price."

14 minutes ago, Sitzmark said:

having watched the videos of this ride, I really don't understand the appeal.  It seems wildly overpriced.

I get where you're coming from. However, if you ever get the chance I would try it once. We have one in MD at a ski resort and it's a pretty unique experience. 

3 minutes ago, Max and Ruby said:

This July's cruise on Anthem has it for $30 all day.  Last October's cruise on Oasis I paid $28.

Interesting. Our May cruise on Anthem was selling for $33.75. 

1 hour ago, traveler1980 said:

The coaster is located on the opposite side of the resort from Columbus Cove, so my guess is that they wouldn't be able to see it.

9 minutes ago, carnival03 said:

Interesting. Our May cruise on Anthem was selling for $33.75. 

I bought during the Black Friday sale.  I try to never miss those.  I price watch and I have never seen what I want lower than at that time.  And no, I don't buy the Deluxe Beverage package, so can't help anyone with those prices, ha ha.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, carnival03 said:

Do you remember what you paid onboard for the all day pass? I'm hoping it will come available again in the Cruise Planner so we can get the "pre-cruise price."

Sorry I dont remember but it was pretty close to the online "sale" price...a few dollars more, not like $20 more.

We both really enjoyed the multiple rides and got to know a couple of the Shore Excursion crew pretty well having rode it so many times.

Also its funny how your first couple times down you sorta ride the brake on the way down but after you get comfortable its fun to go all out and just brake at the end...its a totally different experience...enjoy.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/10/2019 at 12:14 PM, candlegirl said:

I recommend getting the all access online pre trip.  We paid $30 and rode 10 times throughout the day without waiting.  People who were buying single ride that day were paying $27 for one ride.

Do they give you a ride bracelet or some type of handstamp?  I'm just trying to see if the purchaser has a way of sharing the ride without physically having to go every time.