Cases of water.

Deenkid

2 hours ago, Nerkbuck said:

The ship's water is a lot healthier for you than bottled water. Ships have some of the best water plants in the world.

I can believe that.  I bring a bar of dead sea mud soap and take the most amazing showers on board.  It’s a lot cheaper than using the spa and your skin feels just as nice. 

23 hours ago, Nerkbuck said:

The ship's water is a lot healthier for you than bottled water. Ships have some of the best water plants in the world.

Maybe so, I don't know.  I do know, however, that sometimes the ship's water comes out of the spigot / shower head rusty brown for long periods of time (at least half an hour on one occasion for me).  It was bad enough having to take a shower in that.  I'm not going to drink it.🤢  Disclaimer: This has been on Carnival Pride, on at least three sailings, at several times throughout the cruise, in my Suites and staterooms.

Thanks everyone for the great info shared in this thread. We just got off the Fantasy this past Monday, March 18th. I happened to find this thread the day before our cruise and ordered two of the 12 packs from the Fun Shops right away. They were waiting in our stateroom when we arrived on board (each was a separately wrapped Carnival branded case). It was so easy and convenient!

On 3/15/2019 at 7:32 AM, ShakyBeef said:

Maybe so, I don't know.  I do know, however, that sometimes the ship's water comes out of the spigot / shower head rusty brown for long periods of time (at least half an hour on one occasion for me).  It was bad enough having to take a shower in that.  I'm not going to drink it.🤢  Disclaimer: This has been on Carnival Pride, on at least three sailings, at several times throughout the cruise, in my Suites and staterooms.

We were just on the Fantasy and had a similar experience in our stateroom, water came out brown (stained the towels). I did use it to brush my teeth, but it didn't have the most pleasant taste. Can't imagine drinking glasses of it - I was happy to have the bottled water we ordered from the Fun Shops in our room. However, the dining room was another story, the water tasted fresh and delicious.

2 hours ago, rain_bowbrite said:

We were just on the Fantasy and had a similar experience in our stateroom, water came out brown (stained the towels). I did use it to brush my teeth, but it didn't have the most pleasant taste. Can't imagine drinking glasses of it - I was happy to have the bottled water we ordered from the Fun Shops in our room. However, the dining room was another story, the water tasted fresh and delicious.

I agree - the dining room water has always been very good.

5 minutes ago, sp29488 said:

Just wondering,  if you have any left over can you take it with you when you get off the ship?  We aren't flying home, we drive to the port.  

Yes, absolutely.  It's your water and there is no restriction against taking it off.  By all means, do so.:classic_smile:

2 minutes ago, Acheavacci said:

Do they have pitchers of water on the table in the MDR?  Could I fill multiple large Yeti cups if I asked?  

I believe they still have carafes of ice water on the tables, that are refilled/replaced by your waitstaff as needed.  At least that is the way they have been doing it for my last few cruises.

ETA: I don't know about filling your Yetis in the MDR.  I would suggest doing that on Lido deck, from the water dispensers there.  But please, please, please fill a clean, unused Carnival-provided cup from the dispenser, then transfer to your personal bottles.  This is not only posted Carnival policy, but also the considerate, sanitary way to do it.:classic_blush:

Edited by ShakyBeef

4 minutes ago, Acheavacci said:

Do they have pitchers of water on the table in the MDR?  Could I fill multiple large Yeti cups if I asked?  

Yes, they place carafes of water on the tables.  I would (and do) fill large Yeti cups on the Lido deck, though.  It is the same water that you get in the MDR, but available from a dispenser.

7 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

I believe they still have carafes of ice water on the tables, that are refilled/replaced by your waitstaff as needed.  At least that is the way they have been doing it for my last few cruises.

ETA: I don't know about filling your Yetis in the MDR.  I would suggest doing that on Lido deck, from the water dispensers there.  But please, please, please fill a clean, unused Carnival-provided cup from the dispenser, then transfer to your personal bottles.  This is not only posted Carnival policy, but also the considerate, sanitary way to do it.:classic_blush:

5 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

Yes, they place carafes of water on the tables.  I would (and do) fill large Yeti cups on the Lido deck, though.  It is the same water that you get in the MDR, but available from a dispenser.

Another question for a rookie cruiser.  Are there Ice dispensers on the Lido Deck?  Taking larege quantities of water from the dispensers is acceptable.  I am assuming its like the soda dispensers and not a 5 gallon water dispener, correct.  

Just now, Acheavacci said:

Another question for a rookie cruiser.  Are there Ice dispensers on the Lido Deck?  Taking larege quantities of water from the dispensers is acceptable.  I am assuming its like the soda dispensers and not a 5 gallon water dispener, correct.  

Yes, there are ice dispensers, and yes, there is unlimited water (yes, automatic feed type line on the drink dispenser, like a soda dispenser).  Take as much water as you want.  The ship won't run out.:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Acheavacci said:

Yes, there are restaurant-quality water dispensers (continuous feeding, not jugs) and ice dispensers on the Lido deck, along with iced tea and lemonade dispensers (these are more like the juice from concentrate dispensers you see in hotels and in some restaurants).  

55 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

I just tried to order the water before our upcoming cruise.  The price was $4.95 which I expected and went to check out.  Surprise they added an $8 delivery fee!!  Order canceled. 

Your delivery fee should have been $0.86 (4.50 * .18), bringing the total to $5.31 per case.  Were there other items on your order?  $8 would be the delivery fee on a $45 order (assuming that we are rounding here).

Edit to add:  I see on another thread that yes, you did have other items on your order.  I believe that this makes your post a little misleading to others, insinuating that you were charged $8 delivery fee on a $4.50 package of bottled water.

The addition of delivery fees for Fun Shops purchases happened more than a year ago.  This is the same 18% that you would pay as a gratuity if you were to order it while on the ship.

Edited by Schoifmom

On 3/25/2019 at 7:02 AM, satxdiver said:

I just tried to order the water before our upcoming cruise.  The price was $4.95 which I expected and went to check out.  Surprise they added an $8 delivery fee!!  Order canceled. 

I just order an additional case of water for my cabin and my charge was only around $0.90.

Now when I ordered the prior order of a small pastry tray, water and towel set, it was a couple dollars.

On 3/25/2019 at 8:02 AM, satxdiver said:

.....but the $8 wasn't just for the water as you're implying,