Post cruise tour in Miami

banman

You might try the HO HO bus  ??  But then what will you do with your bags?   Regent will offer transfers to the airport and might also offer the HO HO in which case they will take care of the bags but this will be $$$ !!

Disembark at 0830 you will likely be in a taxi leaving the port at 0930.  You have to get bags, go through Customs and maybe Immigration unless this was done on the ship.  Taxi line is not short.  And if there are mega ships in port that day will take longer.

I think what I would do is to plan to go somewhere for lunch in a hotel.  In South Beach.  And then ask reception or the door man to keep the bags, giving a tip at the same time.   Start lunch at 1130 and head for the airport around 1300.  (Miami airport is no joy....)   There is a fabulous Middle Eastern restaurant - Byblos - in one of the hotels on Collins Avenue if you like that food ??

We disembarked in Miami last week and as our flight didn’t leave until 18:00 we were offered the hop on hop off service for no charge as we had Regent Air. This was offered at a price ( I think about $130) for non Regent Air.

It was very well organised. Our luggage was collected dockside and placed in a bus hold and we got on the open topped bus. Our luggage was taken to Bayside Marketplace which was the last bus stop after a comprehensive tour of one and a half hours of Miami Beach and Miami. You could of course get off the bus at any stop if you wished.

We had had labels on our luggage to say what time we wished to be bussed to the airport. ( 13:00, 15:00 or 17:30 )  You couldn’t change your mind on this once decided.

We chose 13:00 and after an early lunch at Bayside we walked to the pick up point and our luggage was sorted and waiting. We boarded the bus to the airport which was about 30 mins. 

All very well organised.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

You might try the HO HO bus  ??  But then what will you do with your bags?   Regent will offer transfers to the airport and might also offer the HO HO in which case they will take care of the bags but this will be $$$ !!

Disembark at 0830 you will likely be in a taxi leaving the port at 0930.  You have to get bags, go through Customs and maybe Immigration unless this was done on the ship.  Taxi line is not short.  And if there are mega ships in port that day will take longer.

I think what I would do is to plan to go somewhere for lunch in a hotel.  In South Beach.  And then ask reception or the door man to keep the bags, giving a tip at the same time.   Start lunch at 1130 and head for the airport around 1300.  (Miami airport is no joy....)   There is a fabulous Middle Eastern restaurant - Byblos - in one of the hotels on Collins Avenue if you like that food ??