Disney Fantasy Cabins

mnowak

We have cruised many times over the years and we are now considering our first Disney Cruise. I have been looking at different sites and places to book to get the best price. My question is when looking at Balcony/Veranda rooms they have different categories and i was wondering if any one could explain them to me. I have never really cared on our other cruises but if i am spending the money i want to make sure i get the right room. I get motion sick so i always stay mid ship and I NEED a room where the bed is on a wall so we are moving with the ship and not against it. (hope this makes sense) 

Thank you in advance for any answers. 

Here is a link to the ship deck plans.
DCL-Deck-Plans-Dream-Fantasy-February-20

Disney assigns a higher price to the larger rooms that are on the higher decks. So, if you want cheaper, stay on a lower deck in the smaller sized room and be willing to have a partially blocked view.

Generally the queen beds face parallel to the direction of travel, some have you laying with your feet towards the bow and others with your head towards the bow. The flip over couch and ceiling drop down beds have you laying sideways to the direction of travel. The bed that drops down from the wall matches the queen bed.
The inner rooms and the rooms across the bow and stern are the exceptions to the rule. The pictures across the top of the deck plan show the normal rooms.

For the rooms that have a connecting door, indicated with the  < or > between the walls, the Queen bed is on the opposite wall. Look at rooms 6080 and 6082. 6080 has your head facing the bow and feet to the stern. 6082 has your feet facing the bow and your head facing the stern. if you look closely at the room pictures you can see the connecting door at the foot of the queen bed. For the rooms that don't have the </> you will have to look up pictures online. Generally the Dream and Fantasy have matching deck plans and room layouts.

• Thanks 1

Arthur explained it pretty thoroughly. Yeah, only difference is deck location. Size and layout are the same.

Btw, one really nice thing about most DCL staterooms (with the exception of some lower category and HA rooms), they all have a split bath, one with sink and toilet and the other with bath/shower and sink.

Arthur - thanks for posting the ship deck plans. It’s extremely helpful. I am looking at aft balconies that are 5E. They are on decks 6-9 and all the same price. I’m trying to figure out what’s the best balcony.

On 3/14/2019 at 10:51 AM, PrincessEsq said:

Arthur - thanks for posting the ship deck plans. It’s extremely helpful. I am looking at aft balconies that are 5E. They are on decks 6-9 and all the same price. I’m trying to figure out what’s the best balcony.

It's all about what is best for you.

Deck 9/10 is great for quick 1 flight of stairs up to the pool deck but you will hear some noise from Cabanas.
Deck 5/6 is nice if you have kids in the kids club and puts you closer to the activities on decks 3/4/5. But then you are an elevator ride or 5 flights of stairs away from the pool deck.
Deck 8 has the aft laundry room, for the longer cruises it's nice for not having to take your luggage up/down a floor or to the other end of the ship.

Almost every section/ floor has something that can make it the best room for someone but also the worst room for someone else.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Also the staterooms have various bed set ups.  If you need to know ahead of time, you can call DCL and they can tell you specifically what is in your room.  For instance, 8106 has a queen bed, a sofa/bed, and a pull-down bunk bed.  Room 8108 has those three plus the murphy bed.

Pooh