Are you on the Regal now/recently w/scooter & no HC cabin?

DRS/NC

To anyone currently or recently on the Regal w/a scooter but not in an Accessible cabin:  what do you do with the scooter at night?  Has Princess allowed you an alternative place for the scooter to park & recharge?

When I booked the cruise for DD, SIL & myself, I booked 2 Inside cabins (Thanksgiving week).  I soon realized that I'd need the scooter on this larger ship (1st time on Royal class; new to using a scooter).  Of course all of the HA cabins were booked.  I don't actually need an HA cabin for the facilities; I just need it for the scooter/doorway issue.

Yes, I've emailed (twice) the "Accessible Office" at Princess (which is handled by Cunard, according to the AutoReply I got).

I fear I may have to cancel this booking and look at another line for our family cruise, knowing that the holiday week will be difficult to book.  (SIL's work schedule is difficult to change.)

THANKS!

• I have traveled on several different Princess ships with a scooter.  I hate to tell you this, but it is completely up to you to bring one that will fit through the door, and you must keep it inside your cabin unless you are using it.  It's awkward sometimes, but since I made sure that the width met the standards (22 inches if I remember right) and have been able to go just about anywhere I want to.  Best of luck, and I hope you enjoy your cruise.

In November, DH used a scooter, just made it in the door under 22 inches wide, balcony cabin. So in it was at night. To make the room larger, I moved the bedside table and pushed the beds flush with the closet wall. Made a little scramble for me in and out of bed, but gave us more room to have the scooter in the room and still move about. Hope you are able to make this work out for you. I will say that the scooter made cruising doable again. Happy Sails!

We were in a inside cabin on the Ruby, we had the beds put into twins and we had plenty of room to park the scooter in front of the desk at the foot of one bed.  Plenty of floor space this way, and plug in is easy access on the desk at night.