I need your opinion on renting a Labadee bungalow at Labadee

I have been on a med that has me sunburning within 15 minutes for several years. I find the view lovely, and the shade critical.  My family enjoys the comfort that comes with the shade, fan, padded loungers, and easy water access.

Works for us, but I also tend to watch for sales so I'm not quite so broke after booking our over-the-water cabana.

• Like 1

ETA - Never mind! 🙂 I misread and didn't realize you had already booked! Good decision. They seem to be sold out for our July cruise. Wish I had just gone ahead and booked it.

Edited by GigiK

16 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

Hi 

My family is renting a beach bungalow at Labadee, I never had one before and I was wondering what opinions you have about it.

thank you

You will love it.  We've rented one twice and would do it again in a heartbeat.  You have your own drink "runner" to get you drinks.  The beach area is for bungalow guests only so it's nice and relaxing.  The picnic area is a short walk.  Highly recommend.

We enter one on our Oasis cruise . Totally worth it close to bathroom and bar and food area . Also waiter service and private beach area . Another tips can catch a water taxi from dock to get over there faster than walking there . 

they are great......  friends of ours rented one when we were there.  I did however find myself in the water most of the day, then grabbed food and spent the rest of the day at the bar for a few drinks with our bartender from boleros on anthem named Toni.

Edited by steevo L

I agree with everyone above - we are just back from a Harmony cruise and we rented the bungalow. It was easily our most enjoyable day of the cruise.

We had rented the cabanas on a previous cruise and I was nervous about getting the bungalow as I didn't know if they would be as private.  I actually ended up preferring the bungalow - the washrooms and lunch were super close, the beach was phenomenal and it was a lovely quiet place on a very busy day.  We kept looking down the beach to the "non private" area and being very thankful for our little slice of paradise :)

Sorry to be the dissenter, but I really don’t think they are worth the money. We have done it twice, both times sharing the cost with 2 other couples. Even at 1/3 the price I don’t think we got our money’s worth. I guess it depends how you like to spend your time. My preference is getting a mat and floating in the sea for most of the day. 

For me it is a waste to rent a cabana that I rarely use. 

If you prefer to spend most of your time lounging in the cabana in the shade, then it may be worth it to you. 

I LOVE them and get them every time we go. I especially like the ones on the water. The buffet is nicer and easier and its nice to have a place to leave your stuff and guaranteed loungers as well as bar tenders who come around often.

On 3/11/2019 at 6:19 PM, mcatmcat said:

Hi 

My family is renting a beach bungalow at Labadee, I never had one before and I was wondering what opinions you have about it.

thank you

We usually rent a cabana but our last trip on Harmony we tried out a bungalow. The bungalows are closer together than the cabanas but it was great. My only advice is if you think the last bungalow on Columbus Cove will give you the most privacy, think again. There's a wall that runs along one side and extends out into the water with a nice painted mural. It is a photo op attraction. Groups would show up to take photos and linger on in front of you. If the attendants were there they stayed on top of it but they were running back and forth to the bar and not always around. Some people were parking their a$$es on our loungers. They're first come first served so pick one that's not so close to the wall.

• Thanks 1