Breakfast in Fort Lauderdale?

DanaDanes

On 3/14/2019 at 4:43 AM, DanaDanes said:

Girls trip! We are flying in to fll the morning of our cruise next week (land at 830). We would like a luxe breakfast with a view (ocean? Port? River?) before we board- somewhere near the port. 

Any ideas?  Thanks. 

I would suggest either the Hilton Marina or Pier 66.  You might also consider any of the hotels along the beach.  Be prepared for an expensive breakfast.  A buffet may set you back $30 PP plus tip, tax, etc.  Then, you'll have to hire a taxi to the hotel and then to the port, maybe another $30 plus tip.

If you arrive at 0830, you'll have bags to get, a taxi to rent, and a ride to the hotel.  It might be 10AM before breakfast.

I would suggest a quick snack at the airport and then go directly to the terminal.

I really would recommend flying in the day before.  

Thanks RocketMan - 

I wish we could have flown in the night before, but schedules didn't allow.  We aren't in a big rush to get on the ship for lunch - we are flying in from 2 cities and haven't seen eachother for a while, and want to kick it off in a luxe way, not in "waiting in the terminal" way.  We are considering Ocean 2000 at Pelican Grand on the beach - any opinions?

Dana

59 minutes ago, DanaDanes said:

Thanks RocketMan - 

I wish we could have flown in the night before, but schedules didn't allow.  We aren't in a big rush to get on the ship for lunch - we are flying in from 2 cities and haven't seen eachother for a while, and want to kick it off in a luxe way, not in "waiting in the terminal" way.  We are considering Ocean 2000 at Pelican Grand on the beach - any opinions?

Dana

Pelican Grand would be a great choice.  I've been tempted to stay there before a cruise.  It looks very nice.  My concern is the logistics of getting two groups on two flights to the hotel, breakfast, and then to the port.   It would be great but Murphy has a tendency to mess things up.  There's a lot that can go wrong.  Late flights, for example. 

Google says the trip from the airport to the Pelican is about 30 minutes.  Are you planning on checking bags?  Even if flights are on time, it might take 90 minutes to get  your bags, get an uber, and get to the Pelican.  That's 10AM even if things go well.  Will they still be serving breakfast?

While the Pelican would be a wonderful experience, I would look for a simpler way.  Something with fewer things to go wrong.  Something closer to the port.  Have you looked at the thread at the top of this forum  "Fort Lauderdale Restaurants"? 

I'm following this.  Not something that has come up before. I notice no locals are responding either.  Nice breakfast on the water, nothing immediately comes to mind.  I'm curious!

There are great breakfast places like O-B House, but not on the water that I can think of.  Lets see if anyone else can chime in with some more ideas.

We like S3 (Sun, Sand, Surf) at the Hilton or Steak 954 at the W. Both are right on the beach. Neither is inexpensive though. You're probably about a $20/25 minute cab ride from the port. 

• Like 1

A buffet at a hotel will set you back closer to $100 per person and hotels usually only do them for Sunday Brunch.

What day are you arriving?

St. Barts on the A1A would be a good choice.  They also have 241 mimosas.

If Bo's Beach is open for breakfast, go there.  Excellent food!

We booked the Pelican. No checked bags - and verified they do breakfast til 11 each day. We must be on board by 3 per cruise docs - plenty of time even with bad traffic. 

As I mentioned we aren’t keen on being first on the ship/waiting in the port terminal to board. If flights are delayed we will cancel!

I will report back on success or failure of this! 

• 11 months later...

Reporting back a year later! The Pelican offered a wonderful breakfast (menu not buffet) on a broad shaded veranda right on the beach. We took our sweet time and were on board by 12. They offered a shuttle to the port for 5 or 10 dollars as well, which made everything really easy for our group. 

• Like 2