Kid Friendly Alaska Cruise

ARW

We are trying to plan a cruise for the first time. We want to go to Alaska with my 70 year old father, my husband & I who are in our 40's and our 4 children ages 20, 17, 7 and 5. We have never been on a cruise before and don't know the first thing about it. I have been reading articles on this site - especially the one about the best cruises for kids - but can't seem to match up any of those ships with an Alaska cruise this summer. We are looking to travel in late July.

Any help would be super appreciated -we are so very overwhelmed at this point!!

There are many cruise lines that cruise to Alaska.

We took our kids on three different cruises to Alaska over the years and two were on Celebrity Cruise Lines. There web site is celebrity.com

They have three cruise ships cruising Alaska during this timeframe. A good one for your first visit to Alaska might be a Round Trip cruise to Alaska which begins and ends in Vancouver.

As I said there are many cruise lines serving Alaska but for the ages of your children I think Celebrity would be a great line to sail on.

Keith

ARW......

Celebrity is an awesome cruiseline.....and they have a wonderful Children's Program. It is very professionally run.

We have cruised twice to Alaska...on Celebrity...with children.

My children have also experienced the Children's Program on Princess & RCI....and THEIR preference is Celebrity.

This would be my recommendation. :)

Welcome to the World of Cruising....and Welcome to Cruise Critic ! It's good to have you ABOARD !

The more kid friendly lines would be Royal Caribbean and NCL, perhaps Princess. There are childrens programs (your 20 year old is too old and considered an adult) for ages 3 - 17 on almost all ships.

Why not go to the Alaska board and ask your question there, too. Many people over there have been on numerous Alaskan cruises.

Have a great time in Alaska, it is awesome!

Archived