Captain Cook to Whittier transfer

Pixiedust28

Hello everyone!

I've been having trouble searching the boards for info on when the bus transfer leaves Anchorage for Whittier to embark. We are arriving a day before our cruise on June 5th, 2019 and staying overnight at the Captain Cook Hotel. It says transfer to ship is included, but I need to know how much time we will have in Anchorage before we have to leave for our cruise, which doesn't leave port until 8:30pm on the 5th. Hoping we don't have to spend hours in Whittier with nothing to do until boarding the ship. Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, Pixiedust28 said:

Hello everyone!

I've been having trouble searching the boards for info on when the bus transfer leaves Anchorage for Whittier to embark. We are arriving a day before our cruise on June 5th, 2019 and staying overnight at the Captain Cook Hotel. It says transfer to ship is included, but I need to know how much time we will have in Anchorage before we have to leave for our cruise, which doesn't leave port until 8:30pm on the 5th. Hoping we don't have to spend hours in Whittier with nothing to do until boarding the ship. Thanks in advance!

To answer your question about the bus transfer that is included in your hotel booked thru Princess...when I stayed at the Captain Cook hotel before my Island Princess Cruise, the bus left at 11:00 am, and we were at Whittier for the 12:30 pm tunnel opening.   

As part if the stay, the tagged luggage is picked up from your room by the hotel bell staff and transferred to the ship.  So you only need to take carry-ons to the bus. 

Have a great cruise!

We took a late transfer, at 12:30 or 1:00. When we arrived in Whittier, the tour train also arrived which created a huge lineup to check in.  

We booked the Captain Cook independently for a lot less money, but we did purchase Princess transfers, and the Princess rep at the hotel was trying to tell us we couldn’t put our luggage with the other Princess luggage, but in the morning we asked the guys who were loading the truck if we could, and they said yes,  so we were very appreciative and gave them a nice tip.  Otherwise we would have had to tote it up the street to the transportation center while awaiting the bus to Whittier.   

11 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

We took a late transfer, at 12:30 or 1:00. When we arrived in Whittier, the tour train also arrived which created a huge lineup to check in.  

We booked the Captain Cook independently for a lot less money, but we did purchase Princess transfers, and the Princess rep at the hotel was trying to tell us we couldn’t put our luggage with the other Princess luggage, but in the morning we asked the guys who were loading the truck if we could, and they said yes,  so we were very appreciative and gave them a nice tip.  Otherwise we would have had to tote it up the street to the transportation center while awaiting the bus to Whittier.   

Captain Cook Bell Captain told me to drop it by their area in the morning and they would make sure it made it on the truck. Surely it worked well and they also got a nice tip.

Thank you everyone for the replies! I was hoping to get a little time in Anchorage to check out museums and such, but if we leave around 11 on the bus that'll give us plenty of time to get to know our ship, the Coral Princess! Can't wait!

Your best to plan an early departure for your coach (transfer) from the Cook to Whittier. You are assigned a time for your transfer once you get to the Eagan Center. Its best to get there early

You will not have any time the morning of your cruise to spend in Anchorage?

Pamela

Edited by pamwigs