Changing Dining Time

nycruise1

Other than seeing the maitre'd on board, what option if any is there to make a change before hand if nothing is showing but Late Dining which is what we have?  There is no edit option.  We would like Early.  Dont even see a wait list.  Keep checking online to see if it opens up?  I called and asked the rep if being priority with platinum could get us on a waitlist at least but she said that was not available.  Maybe email the maitre'd?  Any suggestions or past experience would be appreciated thanks.

4 hours ago, nycruise1 said:

Other than seeing the maitre'd on board, what option if any is there to make a change before hand if nothing is showing but Late Dining which is what we have?  There is no edit option.  We would like Early.  Dont even see a wait list.  Keep checking online to see if it opens up?  I called and asked the rep if being priority with platinum could get us on a waitlist at least but she said that was not available.  Maybe email the maitre'd?  Any suggestions or past experience would be appreciated thanks.

I would call back as you should be able to get on a wait list for early.  and yes, platinum status should move you up the list

5 hours ago, nycruise1 said:

Did you book through Carnival directly or a Travel Agent?  We booked through a Travel Agent and were also unable to make the change via the website.  So, we called our Travel Agent, THEY called Carnival, and our dining time was changed.  

Travel agent called and was told there is no wait list being offered, or it is closed anyway.  Same thing happened when I called.  Guess we just will need to watch and wait.  Maybe it will open up after the penalty period kicks in.

1 hour ago, nycruise1 said:

Travel agent called and was told there is no wait list being offered, or it is closed anyway.  Same thing happened when I called.  Guess we just will need to watch and wait.  Maybe it will open up after the penalty period kicks in.

I would watch and wait. Typically you could email the maitre d' but it looks like you are on the Sunrise. That person may not be monitoring emails yet during drydock. Keep checking and you can try emailing at a later time.

On our last few cruises, by the time we booked, the ONLY choice for dining was Late dining.  Our preference in YTD.

As soon as we arrive on the ship, I go straight to the dining room to speak with the Maitre'd.  I simply explain to them that Late dining was not our choice, and that being a Diabetic my glucose levels will drop too low to wait that late to eat.  I also let them know that we don't care if we have a private table, get seated with a large group or have a table with a nice view.  Very flexible.  Would prefer YTD, but would be happy to have early dining as well.  Otherwise, we will go to the Lido deck for dinner every night.  I don't threaten or cry.  I simply put in a request due to my diabetes, if possible to change us to an earlier dinner.  It certainly wouldn't ruin our cruise if we ate on the Lido deck every night.  

• 3 months later...

Something must have worked.  Even though it still said Late Dining when I checked online the night before, when we opened the envelope our sign & sail cards were for Early Seating.  We never heard back from anyone, but one of the emails to the Maitre D or John Heald must have done the trick!  Was nice not to have to go to the dining room and wait to try to make the switch.  Did think it was strange that the time was never changed online and that the Maitre D never stopped by our table to inquire on how we liked the revised seating.  We also were blessed with probably the best waitstaff we ever had!